Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Welcome To The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week! (42nd Edition)
5/8/2006 3:04:16 AM
********************************************************* ********************************************************* Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and LaNell! It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below: Criterion How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week? To be chosen as Person of the week you: • Are highly visible on the community • Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful. • Must be nominated for the program by another member of the Community and voted on by other members. ********************************************************** It’s an honor to be featuring this week’s POTW whose name is Paul Davey. This gentleman is a military man and thus is entitled to our deepest respect and admiration. His friends here in the community fondly call him Soldier Blue. He’s a really nice guy who is active in the community. Paul, we congratulate you on winning the Person of the Week award! Enjoy your week as POTW! ********************************************************** Here’s Paul’s Bio: Hi everyone, I must say this is an honor. When I saw that I had been nominated for POTW the surprise was absolute. I have many good friends here at Adland but could not see any reason for someone (or two) to nominate me. It is as I said an honor to be placed here, though I am sure a few of you will soon get fed up with seeing my face here for a week. OK a little bit about me (this is the part I was dreading). I was born at a place called RAF Nocton Hall, Lincolnshire, England in 1958. Here’s a bit of history about it as it has many ties with the American military. On America's entry into the Great War in 1917 Nocton Hall was turned into a convalescent home for young American officers. Towards the end of 1919 the now vacant Hall and its estate were sold to William H. Dennis who having little affection for domestic life in the village, did not reside there. Having lain vacant since the departure of the American military in 1919, Nocton Hall was acquired by the Air Ministry and turned into an RAF Hospital. The Hall itself was used as a "clearing station" until 1943. In 1943 the Americans took possession of the Hall and grounds for a second time. Nocton became home for the United States Army Seventh General Hospital and the Hall was used as the Officers’ Club. At the end of the War in 1945 the RAF selected Nocton Hall to be their permanent hospital for the county of Lincolnshire. RAF Nocton Hall was a 740 bed hospital under RAF control until 1984, used by civilians and forces personnel, one of the country’s undisputed RAF Hospitals. The decision to close Nocton Hall as a military hospital was taken on 31st March 1983. My father was a pilot in the RAF and as a result we moved every 3 years or so, as a child I never made any lasting friends? As soon as I made friends, either their father got posted somewhere else in the world or my father did. Obviously I was not alone in this, every British child whose parents were in the forces having gone through the same. I love my Dad very much, and I respect him. I was subject to a very strict upbringing which had an adverse affect on me as I reached adolescence. My school reports were always the same, with the same teacher remarks, “Paul could try harder,” “Paul must stop gazing out of the window,” “Paul thinks he is a comedian,” etc. I have 3 sisters 1 older and 2 younger, all very intelligent all with good jobs that left me as the proverbial black sheep? It was years later that I found out I was numerically dyslectic and probably just plain dyslectic, which might have been why I had so many problems at school and just gave up. I then found out that I had been starved of oxygen at birth due to the cord being round my neck during childbirth. When I asked my mum if that was true she said “yes but you were fine after”? Adolescence to late teens I rebelled at everything and everyone, unemployed and unemployable living rough waking up most mornings surprised to have woken up at all? I was the sort of person you would hate your daughters to bring home. That was the old me? I lived off music Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Janice Joplin all the old greats. I look back now and cringe at some of the things I did, I still love my music, there are very few bands that I dislike, by rule of thumb if I can hear and understand what they are singing about then they stand a chance. I joined the Army late in life. I had restless feet and something was missing from my life which I strongly believe was the due to my upbringing in a strict military family. I needed discipline, camaraderie and the mental stimulation from it. In the 19 years that I have been in the military, I have travelled the world, from America, the Ascension Island, Belize, Bosnia, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Iraq and other places to numerous to mention. I have been shot at, Ambushed, come under Rocket and Mortar attack, been through mine fields, lifted mines, ring mained (blown up) enemy stock piles of weaponry, bombs, mortars, grenades etc. I have enjoyed the rush each and every time and have always led my men from the front. However there is a downside that I would rather forget, as any Vet will tell you and that is some of the things that you see in war from your buddies to innocent civvies caught up in explosions and fire fights. I have been lucky, very lucky. I still keep a piece of shrapnel from an RPG that exploded close to me it penetrated my vehicle door and dropped at my feet. The bad guys keep trying and keep missing. Maybe now is the right time to get out LOL . My mum bless her has asked me to stop going to these places as my luck wont hold out forever. I tell her it is my job and my duty, like my father’s before he retired. Her answer was short and blunt “yes but he was an officer, flying above it not looking for it”? Bless. I don’t suffer fools gladly and have a tendency to speak my mind. I am honest and to the point. I have seen too much in my life to worry about the pettiness that seems to consume some people. I can be one of your best friends, but don’t lie to me. I am very trusting and faithful, brake that trust and I can be your worst enemy. My interest in computers came after a tour to Bosnia back in 96; I had just over a month of leave (to fit back in to the mundane world of home) and brought my first PC. (WOW has technology moved on since then). I have had my interest in nutrition and diets since I went to wet and wild? in Florida (1997) and saw a huge woman in a bikini, only you would never have known she was wearing her bottoms as her belly was down to her thighs? I could not believe how anyone could let themselves get into such a state of bad health. I enjoyed MLM, but as I have to keep going away? It becomes almost impossible to make anything from it as you can’t keep in contact. So until I settle down MLM is out of the question. Adland is my first place of call everyday. A fantastic community and my friends here are second to none. From the forums funny and sad, the help, the internet scam warnings, to the fantastic work that a lot of people do here. Not forgetting my friend John who set up and looks after this POTW forum? My Adland friends are to numerous to mention but thank you I am honoured to be your friend. If I may just advertise a couple of my affiliate programmes. Most of you have heard of it and quite a few are already members, that is of course Direct Matches, for those of you not sure about who and what they are and how they can benefit you, visit here http://www.directmatches.com/lydo make heaps more friends and associates get paid take a look at this link for more http://growourteam.com Apart from m2cglobal and their great energy drink ACT, http://www.m2cglobal.com/PaulDavey Another company that I get regular cheques from is Affinity this has got to be one of my main residual money making nutritional companies http://www.just-2.com/id/lydo I have a fair few Adlanders as repeat customers so it is well worth looking at or joining. Once again bless and thank you all. Paul Aka Soldier Blue (Nick name given to me by my Adland friends) ********************************************************** Well folks, as you can see Paul has led a very interesting life. Please take the time to invite him to be your friend if he’s not on your friends list and please say a prayer for his safety when you think of it. Paul we love and admire you immensely my friend. Thank you for all you do here at AdlandPro and out in the battle field. May the Lord always keep his Angels around you to protect you from harm. Enjoy your week in the bright lights of AdlandPro! Love and blessings to all of you from, John Sanchez and LaNell ********************************************************* ********************************************************* My Blogs Goodwill Ambassador
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Welcome To The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week! (42nd Edition)
5/8/2006 3:11:44 AM
Oh, it is the army life for me! Ha, ha! My father was a Naval Pilot...... what a life. Linda
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/8/2006 3:49:34 AM
Hello Everyone! ;-) Congratulations,Paul! You are our POTW King this week. Thank you for your friendship in this fun community. Cheers! LaNell
+0
5/8/2006 3:56:09 AM
Hi John and LaNell :) Congratulations Paul!!! :) you truly deserve this honour, stand proud, you're a great bloke and enjoy your special spotlight as POTW!! All the very best to you! :)
+0
5/8/2006 4:22:30 AM
Hi Paul, I live in south Lincolnshire-Stamford. That’s surrounded by RAF camps and old army bases. Loved the history of Nocton Hall. Steve.
Steve
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!