Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: How many Adlanders do you think "get" this?
5/4/2006 1:20:54 PM
Deborah, That is so true. I've learned to use that fact to weed out the hype while seeking eye-catching verbiage. Sometimes I'll subscribe to someone's course about affiliate marketing or something of the sort, and then I'll just watch the subjects without taking much time to actually read the emails as they come in. You'd be surprised, or maybe you wouldn't, how many times I'll get the same email subject from three or four different ecourse 'gurus' within the same day! Turns out they're all promoting someone else's work, using the sales copy that the someone else provided. That's when I usually unsubscribe. But I keep track of whatever caught my eye in the first place...maybe I'll be able to use something similar sometime to promote my own info products. At least I'll know I'm providing something that I genuinely believe is of value. Cheri
+0
5/4/2006 9:52:47 PM
Yes, I have noticed a tendancy in the offers being sent to me to use lots of superlatives and heavily laden promises. What kills me are the 'free' offers that really want you to buy their program.
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/5/2006 3:17:49 AM
Hi Linda, What an excellent point: ======================================================== ...no marketer succeeds in telling a story unless he has earned the credibility to tell that story. ======================================================== Still, online "marketers" and business owners continue to try to hype their wares without first establishing their credibility, and often, in the case of affiliate programs, without even first trying the product themselves. Then they wonder why they can never make any sales.... One of my favourite sayings is, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results." (I believe it was Einstein who said that originally.) God bless, Dave
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/5/2006 10:01:58 AM
Hi Dave, Einstein also said: "Never underestimate your own ignorance." Another apt quote for why they don't make sales. Your Good Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/10/2006 1:24:28 AM
Hi Linda, I downloaded your book and think it is absolutely great. Then I bought your web design package. Can't wait to try it. You are so talented, I am envious, but I still like you :) DonnaZ
+0