Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Welcome To The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week! (40th Edition)
4/23/2006 6:17:44 PM
********************************************************* ********************************************************* Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and LaNell! It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for selecting a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below: Criterion How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week? To be chosen as Person of the week you: • Are highly visible on the community • Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful. • Must be nominated for the program by another member of the Community and voted on by other members. ********************************************************** This week’s Person of the Week is someone who is usually behind the scenes of AdlandPro his name Michael Dela Cruz. Michael is Bogdan Fiedur’s (the CEO of AdlandPro) right hand man. He is very professional and courteous when assisting members with technical problems in the community. Michael doesn’t usually have extra time to just chat with members, but those of us who have had the opportunity to work with him know him as a coool and friendly guy. Thank you Michael for all you do here at AdlandPro and Congratulations on winning the POTW award! ********************************************************** Here’s Michael’s Bio: First thing’s first. I want to thank all of you guys for voting for me and a special thank you to Kathy Martin for her persistence in getting me elected as POTW. I’m both grateful and honored for the chance to stand among the best of the best on the community for the next 7 days. I’ll try to keep this bio as brief and as interesting as possible without omitting too much. I hope that you’ll find this of interest somehow…hmm….where to begin….OH YES! I’m an only child. I was raised by my mother and my aunt in the absence of my father who passed away when I was 1 year old. Thus while I am a male, I have been imparted with a good understanding of the opposite sex. Am I spoiled? In some ways you could say yes I am, in others, no I’m not. I like toys and gadgets (some expensive ones) but I believe in working for what you want. I’m 31 years old and I live in a city named Winnipeg, in the flat prairie province of Manitoba, one of the 10 provinces of this country we call Canada. I’m proud to be Canadian and equally proud to call the United States of America our neighbors. For those of you who don’t know where this is, it is about 3 hours North of North Dakota. I’m Filipino (Philippines) but I was born and raised in Canada. I’m a Libra with an attitude. I have a big laugh, a big belly, and admittedly (although not so much since I quit smoking 7 weeks ago) a big temper. I’m not a little boy for any that have seen my photo. I weigh in at 234 lbs at 5’7” tall. I love the gym and the rush I get going there 3 to 5 times per week. The goal is to once again be able to go to the beach and remove my shirt without causing widespread panic and fear. I have to say, this has done wonders for my self-esteem now that I know physically I’m improving so now my charm and wit has a partner in crime at the bar ;) I’m single, never been married. I guess I just haven’t found “the one”. I’m sure one day I will. I don’t believe in rushing such things. In terms of business experience, you could say I’m a jack of all trades. From age 15 to present, I’ve done everything from slinging burgers in a greasy spoon to selling wireless service. I’ve sold cars, I’ve been hired as a print and advertising designer, sold wireless phones, I’ve written web copy, served tables, supervised banquets, delivered auto parts, and worked in a major video game chain. I got my first computer and internet connection in 1997 (thank you compuserve for those who remember back in the day) and I have been a junkie ever since. I could rip them apart, put them back together in minutes with my eyes closed. I spent hours online chatting with friends I would never meet sharing virtual laughs. In 2002 I decided to go back to school and make my time on the computer start paying some bills. I took a course in database, software, and web application programming which lead me eventually to my position here at Adlandpro. The bottom line is that I love business, computers, and interacting with people. I love selling and I love being sold to as long as it’s classy, clever, and done professionally and smoothly. Most if not all of my talents are focused on sales, selling, building instant rapport. Today, I use my skills in service of this wonderful place we call Adlandpro.com and the Adlandpro community. I’m proud to be the right hand man of “the man” himself Bogdan Fiedur, CEO of Adlandpro. I enjoy my job thoroughly. *coughraisecough* HAHA just kidding Bogdan! My values are such that I believe in fairness and equality but not on the sense that you may think. I believe that people write their own ticket in life for the most part and that your success or failure, illness or good health, fortune or misfortune lies largely in your hands. Yes, life can deal us some pretty bad blows but it is from those challenges that we sculpt our lives. There was an excerpt on Tony Robbins’ “Get the Edge” series where he said “Challenges are the resistance by which we sculpt and shape our souls” in comparison with how weights are used by bodybuilders to sculpt their bodies. I believe this totally. I believe that family and friends come first before all else. I believe that for every hour that you work, you must devote an hour to your life. Spend time with family, friends, relaxing, on the phone, at the gym, at the lounge having a few drinks with friends, whatever. Work hard and Play Hard. Never let an opportunity pass. I wear a ring on my right hand that I have had for 7 years with the words Carpe Diem emblazoned on the side. Tranlsated from Latin it means “Seize the Day” which I do each and every day. So there you have it. This is my me, my brain, and my soul all wrapped into several paragraphs. No I didn’t tell you everything for in life SOME secrets must be kept. However I hope you enjoyed this brief glimpse at the person who answers the toll free support number. Again, I thank you all for your support and votes, Kathy once more for her campaigning on my behalf, and also John for doing such a terrific job with the Person of the Week program here at Adlandpro. Michael Dela Cruz ********************************************************** As you can see folks, Michael is an interesting and friendly individual, one who deserves our praises for his hard work behind the scenes of Adland. We are bringing him out of the shadows and into the bright lights of the community. Please show him how much you appreciate the great job he has done in making our community such a wonderful place. We love you Michael! Enjoy your week! Love and blessings to all of you from, :-) John Sanchez and LaNell ********************************************************* ********************************************************* My Blogs Goodwill Ambassador
+0
Re: Welcome To The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week! (40th Edition)
4/23/2006 6:30:14 PM
Congratulations & Well done Michael. A well deserverved accolade and a pleasant surprise to see a man as POTW. Leslie
Eureka! A "must-have" weekly newsletter for anyone in business or planning to get into business. Breakthough business & marketing information that will help you "get from where you are to where you want to be." Subscribe at eureka1@viralprofits.com
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/23/2006 6:31:08 PM
Hello Michael! ;-) Congratulations! You are so deserving of this honor. :-) Enjoy your week as our POTW King who will rule the community. 8) Cheers! LaNell
+0
Mairead Ni Maonaigh

135 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/23/2006 6:31:31 PM
Hi John & LaNell Congratulations Michael. Your bio is very interesting. I couldn't access the poll to vote this week (maybe that is something you could help me with) but I know how hard Kathy has been campaigning for you to be POTW. Enjoy your week Regards Mairead
+0
4/23/2006 6:40:30 PM
Hey Buddy! :-) We will finally have you on the front page of AdlandPro. Thank you so much for being so helpful when we've needed it. You are very good at your job. Enjoy your week in the bright lights of AdlandPro! Take care Michael! 8) John Sanchez My Blogs Goodwill Ambassador
+0