Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Writing Articles
4/23/2006 8:11:36 AM
Hello Everyone, Just a little something extra! When writing an article for submission to a publication, many folks use a word processing package such as “Microsoft Word” and submit the articles in a “Doc” format. Many of these packages, although they look OK to the eye, when you copy them and paste them into a text format, they don’t display properly. When you save your work, make sure that you save it in a .txt format. Most serious publishers have access to a text formatting utility such as ours at http://adv-marketing.com/business/formatter.htm which is free to use by anyone. When I write something, I don’t worry about line length – this is referred to as unformatted line length. Many publishers also post their newsletter on the web. Unformatted line length is the easiest way to post something to the web. If you use Notepad to write, you can reformat your line length using our package. One word of caution though – Notepad does not provide a spell checker. Nothing turns a publisher off faster than incorrect spelling in the article. If you are serious about writing, you really should invest in a Word Processing package with a spell check feature. Don’t indent your paragraphs – this makes it more difficult for the publisher when formatting the line length. Indicate a new paragraph with a hard line break (return key) which leaves a blank space between paragraphs. Finally, when I submit articles for publication, I format the line length to 65 characters per line – this is the line length many publishers use. I also submit the article with an unformatted line length which makes it convenient for publishers who use HTML for their publication, and/or post it to the web. by Bob Osgoodby So get writing...lol ! Thanks Leanne Busby If your a writer or tryer try this http://advertisingknowhow.com/members/traffic.php?referer=riverrat
+0
Re: Writing Articles
4/23/2006 9:24:55 AM
Thanks for those ''Great Infos'' on Writing Leanne... I SURELY I can use All those appropriate INFOS ... Looking for You next Article Roger
Roger Baillargeon The DAILY Incredible DEAL http://imp.webdare.com
+0
Scott Reynolds

493 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/23/2006 10:23:09 AM
Thanks Leanne, great advise. I always wondered why the line length changed when pasting to different aplications.
+0
4/23/2006 10:37:01 AM
Leanne, I forgot to tell you that you are a great support member! You always seem to be right there with excellant info! Keep up the great work! William Connelly www.jnc.successuniversity.com/specialoffer PS: Your a blessing to the community!
Bill Connelly aka: CashFlowDude skype: givemesuccessonline bill@billconnelly.com JOIN MY TEAM TODAY
+0
Sandy Morgan

219 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/23/2006 10:38:12 AM
Great info, Leanne! Like your quote, too!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!