Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The Invitation
4/22/2006 12:18:50 AM
Hi: My sister sent this to me. It's only a small excerpt of a much longer piece from a book called "The Invitation." I find it very touching and deeply meaningful. I think it holds the answers to a lot of people's struggles. I'll elaborate on that later, maybe. What do you get from it? It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive. It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon... I want to know if you have touched the centre of your own sorrow. If you have been opened by life’s betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain. I want to know if you can see beauty even when it is not pretty every day. And if you can source your own life from its presence. I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand at the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon,“Yes.” It doesn’t interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children. It doesn’t interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the centre of the fire with me and not shrink back. It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments. (© Oriah Mountain Dreamer)
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Invitation
4/22/2006 12:43:18 AM
Linda, In essence, this is saying: Show me the REAL you. Nice piece! Gary
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/22/2006 1:43:46 AM
"It doesn’t interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the centre of the fire with me and not shrink back." reminds me of the days when it came to crunch time, talk is cheap.
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/22/2006 2:21:56 PM
Hi Linda, That said it all didn't it? I want to know who you really are and what you really will do. "Shoot for the Moon, If you miss, you Will land on the stars" Your Good Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
4/22/2006 3:14:03 PM
Hi: =================================== That said it all didn't it? =================================== It really does. I've been doing profit & success consulting for over 20 years. Helping people grow. A few of them I can help. Many I can't help because they need to fix their way of thinking first. I see people that have let their experiences make them bitter and angry. (re; paragraph #3) I see people that always look for what to complain about instead of what to be grateful for. (also paragraph #3) I see people with an endless stream of excuses for why it's okay to shuffle off their responsibilities. (ie; feed the children paragraph) I see people that want the good times, but can't cope with the bad ones (ie; standing in the fire) And they wonder why success eludes them? It's all about integrity and attitude, at least in my humble opinion. :) Linda
+0