Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: help am i the only one who feels like im banging my head against the wall?
5/8/2006 9:53:24 AM
Hi, do you think this will work as a service? Almost everyone on the Web today want s to become a writer. Articles for ad copy, web sites magazine etc. Y Do you think people would come to see a site which posted opportunities for jobs? I would trawl the Web for vacant posts and simply past them up? Tell me what you think, as I want to bounce some ideas off people. Steve
Steve
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/8/2006 10:11:42 AM
Hi Steven, Because my crystal ball is in for servicing ;-) I can only give you my best guess. A centralized service to connect writers with people or sites needing articles sounds like a good idea to me. Any service that provides value to people will have some level of success, more value = more success. How it's promoted is another important matter, but given that the value is there you'll get some assistance through word of mouth. Let me add another thought. You could also build your list by offering to email notice when there's new "jobs" posted or new articles available. To assist in maintenance and costs you can offer advertising on the page and in emails. If the site becomes busy enough, this could prove to be a big plus to your affairs. Hope these ideas will help your success.
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
5/8/2006 10:24:00 AM
Thanks for getting back to me Tim. I wanted to run it through one of these forums. Do you think it would work? Or crash and burn? I don’t have the money to set up a site with ASP for emailing and stuff, so this is my next best bet. People seem to take notice of Adlandpro, so I don’t want to waste the opportunity. Most of these programs only work if you just go up the pyramid, but I want to put some spin on the ball. Do you think it’s a runner? Steve
Steve
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/8/2006 11:09:34 AM
No problem Steven. Always happy to help when I can. Money can always be an issue for those of us just starting out, but setting this up wouldn't cost you a lot. I would agree that you can use an Adland forum to help your efforts, but I can also suggest a low cost/ no cost method as well. Use a Blog to get your idea started, and link to Adland to your forum (and include the link back to your blog in your signatures) Link to Adland's affiliate system (get your affiliate ID setup if you haven't already) Let Adland know about your forum and even post info from your blog in the forum. Talk to Kenneth -Blog Guy- Sword if you need some tips in setting up the Blog. In the meantime start thinking about your website, select a good domain name and if possible purchase it and park it until you're ready to build the website. Is this a runner? In a word Yes. Anytime you are Branding yourself and introducing something of your own creation you will be the better for it. Advertising is one of the most lucrative areas online today. Do lots of research, study other advertising sites for ideas and go for it! To your success,
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
5/8/2006 11:23:04 AM
Hi Tim, thanks for the reply. Would you do me a big favour and test the address of this URL? Its where I want to past the jobs list, but I have a horrible feeling they don’t let anyone see this site unless you are a member. http://www.blogit.com/Blogs/Blog.aspx/slam/ If it works let me know. If not, I’ll try another! Any help is welcome, thanks Steve
Steve
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!