Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Alison Jones

6 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
help am i the only one who feels like im banging my head against the wall?
4/13/2006 10:53:14 AM
i have been working hard to build my business since june last year due to circumstances things havent gone to well. i have just downsized it and am now TRYING to get known. it is harder to promote as it is not just an online business i manufacture my products as well as package and distribute them. in trying to promote my original business i have ended up with five others online. i have been to search engines and these things you sign up for who you then get thousands of emails off ive done free ads and i seem to be going round in circles i dont know what else to do other than keep trying! any suggestions please ali jones http://www.pureessenceproducts.bravehost.com
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: help am i the only one who feels like im banging my head against the wall?
4/18/2006 9:13:26 PM
Hi Ali. I'm sorry that you've not had any response until now. I've been remiss in not watching more closely, and I hope that what I may offer will help you in some way. Trust me, there are MILLIONS of marketers out there right now who feel exactly as you have been feeling. I took the time to view your site and the products there. I was impressed with the amount of work that you've put into your wares, and Ali, the truth be known, not many marketers are willing to work that hard so let me say to you BRAVO! Continue with that kind of work ethic, and when you do find the right formula you will also find your success. There were a number of things that I noticed right away with regards to your site. - The pictures are too small, some a little out of focus, some are overpowered by the background. - You've not indicated quantity of product per order. - Your pricing is only in pounds (add dollars) - Shipping information not easily found. All of the above are purely technical issues that although when resolved will improve your visitor's experience, the improvements will not address your primary problem - the lack of traffic. Yours is a niche market, but there are many people interested in natural products such as this. Your task is to get those people to your site, but first you have to find them. My suggestion would be to look for them in forums related to health & nutrition, and you'll likely find they will be members of health & nutrition e-zines and newsletters. You've begun to address that issue by posting here in this forum, and I encourage you to continue posting in as many health related forums and sites as possible. You should work on some articles to post in e-zines and newsletters, articles related to information on store bought products as opposed to natural products, or the benefits of using natural health and beauty products. You should be joining discussions in forums, providing others the benefit of your experience in the field. You should be making an offer of free instruction on how to make their own products (even though this appears that you are giving business away, in fact most people aren't prepared to make their own soap) Your advertising should also be targeted to the above groups. Try including promotional sales incentives on the first page of your site and in your ads. You must have some regular customers locally. Perhaps they will be willing to give you some tesitmonials regarding the quality of your products. I did a search in Google for "natural soap" and came up with over 17 million sites. The top sites had those words in the title of the site. I would suggest that you do some major site optimization to get those and other keywords in your title, links, meta-tags, and leave your company name as secondary information. While I am no expert, I do believe that by implementing some of the suggestions above, you will be able to increase your traffic, and thus increase your sales. Perhaps some of my other readers will be inclined to further assist you with some comments. Warm regards,
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Alison Jones

6 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/19/2006 7:36:53 AM
thanks tim, sometimes it so easy to get burried underneath it all and you forget why you are doing it in the first place! i will give your suggestions a try! ali
+0
Alison Jones

6 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/26/2006 9:47:53 AM
hi Tim, i took your advice and found a website with forums which i am now a regular poster.also today i have had my first article published in an ezine. very exciting!! they have even made me an expert author article is at:http://ezinearticles.com/?What-Does-Beauty-Really-Cost?&id=181580 going to think about which one comes next! thanks once again tim ali
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/26/2006 10:48:26 AM
BRAVO! Ali!! Keep up the great work! I read your article and found it to be very good, however I offer one cautionary. Be meticulous when proof reading your article. Check for punctuation and spelling errors, and try reading it aloud to someone before submitting the article. If it "flows", great..otherwise make those little adjustments so it does "flow". There are two trains of thought actually with regards to publishing articles. One says that minor mistakes help the reader to identify with the author as being an average person just like themselves. The other says that most people are turned off by lots of errors. I tend to check everything at least twice before hitting the send button. To your success!
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!