Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Ooh.... now this gets interesting. Look at this....
4/11/2006 10:51:53 PM
Hi Linda and other forumites! ------------------------------------------- At Adland, perhaps people "assume" that home business = MLM?...... At other places, when I say "home business" they assume "making in the kitchen"... --------------------------------------------- That's pretty much been my experience as well. Though I would have to add that the first assumption is what I see at most sites I've been to on the net when you mention home business. But then that is mostly business related sites. Where I don't experience that is in personal interest sites that I visit. There, discussion isn't generally about business of any kind as a rule.
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Ooh.... now this gets interesting. Look at this....
4/11/2006 10:55:26 PM
Hi, Linda Guess I should have gone back and replied to your original post. But I'm here now, so here goes. I, too, arrived at Adland looking for free advertising. That was about nine months ago, but feels like a lifetime of learning. I no longer expect to find customers or associates here, but will always hope to. Yes, the programs I promote are MLM, but the services are available to retail customers who want to benefit from the service without promoting the business. I'm answering as a customer. I've made purchases from two Adland members, yourself included. I may make others, but I spend money on different things than most people. I don't recall the last time I bought a candle, lol. If I'm in the market for something that one of my Adland friends is selling, and it is convenient for me to order it online rather than getting it locally, I'll buy here. I'm not in the market for another business, though, and therein may lie the problem for many Adland citizens. If they are promoting a business opportunity, it's going to have to be spectacular before I'll even look at it. I'm too busy with what I'm already doing. If they are promoting a retail product or service, it needs to compete favorably (and convincingly) with similar items or services on either price, quality, or (in come cases) customer service. BTW, I somehow missed your invitation to Peter's website. Post it again? Cheri
+0
Re: Where to Find Customers (Adland is losing so far)
4/12/2006 2:12:29 AM
Linda, this is very true, I have experienced it myself...but then....I like the community as well :-) not only the potential buyers. Blanka
+0
4/12/2006 8:15:03 AM
Hi Linda just a note to say I signed up from your link in the forum when you listed the soy site. I checked out the entire site including there business op and I'm still considering this op - if there was anything else but paypal I wouldn't hesitate at all. Nancy
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/14/2006 3:57:27 PM
Hi Linda, While I agree with you that business communities are not necessarily the best place to sell your wares, I must also say that it depends a lot on what you are selling. For example, much as I am personally convinced, both from all the research I've done and from my own experience that the juice I use every day is far superior to the vast majority of so-called nutritional supplements being hawked everywhere, you'll notice I make very little mention of it in this community (or in other business communities). The reason for this is that when I look around, most of the people here are involved in direct sales in one form or another, and are already convinced that they have the best product and/or compensation plan, OR, they have developed their own product and are putting all their time into marketing that. Most are also putting all their resources into marketing their product/opportunity, and very few have any disposable income. That said, I have found communities to be a TREMENDOUS place to market resources for marketing. Adlandpro has brought me a LOT of business in this area. It must be said, though, that this is a very unforgiving area - you must do your research before working in this market, or you'll get eaten up. The target for marketing on Adlandpro is network marketing - so network marketing resources are going to see the most success. ================================================================ It kind of reminds me of a tank full of hungry sharks, and there isn't enough little fish to feed them all - so they start looking at each other as food. lol ================================================================= Good analogy! However, if you happen to be someone trying to get the attention of those sharks, if you drop the right kind of little fish on a hook, you'll have a line up waiting to bite. God bless, Dave
+0