Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Where to Find Customers (Adland is losing so far)
4/11/2006 2:17:36 PM
Hi The most common question website owners have is where to find customers. I just did a test, using Peter's new website as the guinea pig. I thought you'd find the results interesting. Step 1: The site was exposed to 3 groups of people. They were; --> My daughter posted it to her friends in a "non marketing" forum, said she'd gotten some free samples and they smell really great. (her post is on our about page) --> I introduced "hubby's new website - go see"" in my last sewing newsletter. --> I posted it in my Adland forum and asked members to have a look. * NOTE: NONE of the three messages included a "go buy" or any request for people to make a purchase. Step 2: The results were very clear, very quickly. --> The best response was from the people at the non-marketing forum. Many of them don't even know my daughter, but they are signing up for the "secret stuff" - and shopping. --> Right behind are the people from my sewing list. --> Lagging way, way behind (1 subscriber/buyer so far) is Adland. I find this interesting because Linda Miller has a thread in which they discuss communites and which is the best. Last time I looked, Adland was winning hands down. I don't doubt that Adland is one of the best communities. Bogdan has worked hard to build what he has. But, at the same time, marketing and business communities are filled with thousands of people that are looking to FIND buyers, not necessarily BE buyers. Do you find yourself doing that? Looking around to see who might be interested in what YOU offer? It kind of reminds me of a tank full of hungry sharks, and there isn't enough little fish to feed them all - so they start looking at each other as food. lol Food for thought... (pun not intended... lol) : ) Linda P.S. Incidentally, and more for the females, perhaps, but if you'd like to read some cool trivia about a goddess, a knight and a dragon, etc - and help us out with choosing the scent of the Month for May, click here; http://www.soy-simple.com/vote-may.html
+0
Re: Where to Find Customers (Adland is losing so far)
4/11/2006 3:04:28 PM
Yes, I feel like communities such as Adland are not for seeking customers as much as they are for networking with other wah people. If you are lucky you might make a sale.
Patty Parenting, Child Development, Shopping Resource http://littlebytesnews.com Gifts and Party supplies for everyone and every event! http://giftspartysuppliesandmore.com Low Cost Advertising http://wahbusinessdirectory.com http://mamastimeout.com
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
4/11/2006 3:24:22 PM
Hey Linda, Interesting, very interesting. And very clever of YOU. Although I do find that most members at all communities are wanting to SELL something, occasionally I am contacted by someone who is looking for a business - and since they have seen something that I offer that is of benefit to them, they remember me. And while I can say that I have found customers at both Adlandpro and other communities where I am a member and especially where I have a forum or network, I think the gold is in the list - your subscribers to anything. Once someone subscribes to something you are offering, they are then willing to hear what you have to say, they have developed a certainly trust and loyalty in you. My purpose in the communities is to offer information that will be of value to members so that the "right people" will get to know me and in their own perfect timing be attracted to what I am offering. It works best for me to allow people to come to me when they are ready. It is a game we play, isn't it? And I much prefer it to blatant advertising - because everytime I am contacted by someone who values something I have shared, I always learn something too. Thanks for this intriguing conversation, Linda.
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/11/2006 3:46:25 PM
Initally, didn't want to add something but after some contemplation, here's some of my thoughts (theories based on personal experience) on this, from where I'm at: 1.) Men have a different response to using or being used by marketers on the web. 2.) Women seem more responsive than men, to product offerings and samples. My corporate venture's advice is to not give samples, that's what promotional items are for, ie. caps, t-shirts etc. 3.)I'm resistant to and skeptical of ordering a product or opportunity from a venture that is not connected to a person with a street address and postal code or zip code. That may not be the case with most AdlanPro members. 4.) AdlandPro is strong on starting relationship marketing, which potentially leads to making a sale or signing up downline. I've had some from here ask the right questions about Amsoil, and I will be patient to respond to others that have access to the information. I would rather see no sale or sign-up than having somone sign-up or buy without learning about what the benefits and performance are and have a negative experience. 5.) I don't look around AdlandPro for somone who might be interested in Amsoil, just want to be available for any inquires from anyone, anywhere in Canada or U.S.
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/11/2006 4:10:55 PM
Its an interesting point you bring up Linda. A couple of years ago when I first came to Adland the purpose was definitely to look for potential customers. Now that couldn't be farther from the truth. The only time I purchase anything now or sign up for something is if it is something I am actively looking for. That is not only true for online but for offline as well. At one time I was an information junky and would sign up for everything! LOL Adland is definitely a place to sell your goods and services, but only if they are suitable to the audience here. The simple example I can think of? Your web design services would definitely have an audience here where you have a reasonable chance of finding customers. On the other hand my model ship building business wouldn't expect to find customers here as this is not where my audience would be found.
+0