Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Welcome to The Feature of the Week aka Person of the Week! (38th Edition)
4/10/2006 3:20:03 PM
********************************************************* ********************************************************* Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and LaNell! It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for selecting a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below: Criterion How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week? To be chosen as Person of the week you: • Are highly visible on the community • Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful. • Must be nominated for the program by another member of the Community and voted on by other members. ********************************************************** This week’s Person of the Week is a young resourceful lady from Illinois her name is Philena Rush. Philena has survived a lot of adversity in her life and has managed to keep her good sense of humor. Her life story is rather interesting, she claims to be an expert in Pirate Cuisine since the age of 3, so make sure you read all of her Bio. Congratulations Philena on being this week’s POTW! Enjoy your week! ********************************************************** Here’s Philena’s Bio: Hi... It’s Philena Rush here. Let’s see... where should I begin. I was born and raised in Chicago IL. Never really lived outside the state except for Hammond, IN, and that really doesn’t count. LOL Anyway… Here’s some background about me. I worked at the post office in downtown Chicago. Hated It. I started working in Gary, IN in 95. I was a data processor, but not handling any mail, just bar coding it. Then technology kicked in and they closed the place and relocated us to different facilities by seniority because computers are able to read more handwriting and less people are actually writing letters anymore. Then I went downtown, because my aunt was there and my grandma retired from the old building. So a lot of people knew who I was because of them, and I fit in quite nicely. I didn’t like the physical labor, but I figured I could lose the weight. Then they made a data processing room for us. So I was back doing that, they technology kicked in again, and they closed the processing room. Back on the workroom floor again. Then they started making better machines that needed less clerks and mail handlers to operate it, so they started cutting hrs and shipping people out to other post offices again. So.. within 10 years time, I got moved around and downsized 4 times. So, I figured with accounting and management skills I had, maybe I should look into those positions. Little did I know, THOSE POSITIONS WERE GETTING CUT FIRST. So my idea of retiring from the Post Office didn’t look great even as a full-time regular employee. My retirement date is the year 2033! Do you think there will be a post office in the year 2033? Not me! Moving on! I had a baby boy in April last year. Right now, I have some leeway with the job beyond FMLA for bonding with child and breastfeeding. I tried to go back to work but pumping wasn't working for me, so I stuck with MomsWin full-time. When it came to working at home, I had no support from family. I only enrolled my cousin in California (very supportive). The rest are so negative. They want me to go back to work because they’re not seeing any REAL money. I told them it takes time, but to them, they think I should stop breastfeeding, take my lazy A$$ back to work, and do this part-time. But my shift is 7pm-3am, you can even ask my mentor about that one, I just couldn't do both. I was a zombie. There was no way. Then when I tried to work my warm market of co-workers and get phone #'s and emails, they wanted to start a business, then they go to my website. The first thing out their mouths the next day or two was, "Who’s that white lady is with kids? I thought you said you had your own website?" Don't mean to down my affiliate site, but it wasn't working for me. So... after I started doing research on marketing better, signing up for newsletters, and finding free advice from the so called gurus, it came down to one truth, "The key to success for affiliations is to still have your own website, make it more personal and about you, you pics., your story, your WHY." Now I don’t need a template, and can make a website from scratch, but now I’m working on animation and graphics better. My grandmother died (mom side) a week before my son was born. So I couldn't make the funeral because I had a c-section and was in the hospital. That was sooo hard, because I couldn't be too depressed for my baby's sake. Then, three weeks later, recovering over my dad's house, my dad's only older brother died. Boy, that was hard too. My dad didn't take it well. So, a month after that, my dad had a heart attack. Scared me again. He end up having triple by-pass. So we stayed with him, for his recovery. All the time, my mentor, is trying to get in contact with me for MomsWin. But, of course, I'm ignoring her calls because I was also looking into buying a house, so I just thought she was another loan officer for moms or something. I forgot all about the work at home thing. Just deleting her emails without opening them, erasing her voicemails. Then I finally read one. Looked at her website, and sent her an email, apologizing to her about screening my calls. She was very understanding, and after I heard the overview, I said to myself, "THIS IS IT, WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!" And the first thing that popped in my mine was my 8yrs old autistic daughter, and how grateful I was, because I no longer had to worry about her swallowing too much toothpaste when I brushed her teeth since I can't get her to spit it out. She doesn't understand spitting, and she’s still non-verbal. So it wasn't the money or the business, but the safer products, so I knew I found my WHY, my passion, etc. Then my slum landlord decides to redo the bathroom and kitchen while we were gone, and got dust all over our stuff. So we begin to move out. All the while, my mentor’s is trying to train me, then all of a sudden, her daughter breaks her arm. Slowed both of us down. I barely got members, and so did she. I had first hand experience about the "do as I do, not as I say" motto, so what we do, reflects on our team members no matter what happens. So I finally gave up on the post office and just took off. I haven't been back since September. I got more members and I'm trying my best, not to go into management mode. Boy I didn't realize how hard not going into management mode was. Now, I have to start all over again with my training, boy I love this stuff, continuously learning is the key to success. Then comes my websites again. What progress... and the people I'm meeting are incredible. I'm gaining more respect from my dad. He's been more supportive. But I'm his secretary and accountant at the same time for free, because I'm using all his resources at home to build my business and his. But he understands that he needs me to do this. If he wanted me to make his website for (Rush Office Equipment & Supplies), then he's not standing in my way anymore. My mom is still very negative, but I'm at the point, that I can block her out But having my dad’s support makes it soo much better around the house. I like having things on the up and up. He knows it takes money to make it, so I'm working with him. Besides, we do maintenance for copier machines for the Chicago Public Schools, and all the admin staffs and teachers know me now, so I don’t wanna leave. Since my dad had the triple by-pass, he’s been taking it easy. I started him on the heart vitamins so he can cut back on all the meds. I had no idea he was going to take so many different types of medication. It made him sleep a lot and look depressed. After a few weeks on the heart pack, he cuts his meds and is no longer negative. Now I just wish my mom could do the same. Only time will tell I guess. Dad went to LA and TX to help re-build, but not really the hard labor, mostly negotiating for insurances and trying to keep family’s financial stable. I also wanted to share my childhood story. I just wrote it thanks to my dad’s encouragement. I really don’t like to remember it, but I can’t help not to forget. It was 1980, can't remember the exact date, but I was 3years old. My mom was working at a clothing factory, before everything went overseas. My aunt just started working nights at the Post Office, and my mom had me over her house while she was at work. My aunt worked Tour 1, that's the overnight shift, so she was sleep in the day. My cousin was 5 and my other cousin was just a baby. I wouldn't quite say that my aunt was in the ghetto, but it was the Englewood area. Anyway she had to use alot of poisoning for rats and roaches. And had that white powder was all against the walls. I never saw her actually use the rat poisoning. She was sleep, and I wanted some Kool-Aid, but she didn't have any sugar, so I look at the rat poisoning box. I saw the skull and crossbones, and I thought, "Cool! Pirate food! that rats can't eat" Mind you, I'm only 3.. I can't read yet, and the only times I've seen skull and crossbones were on pirate ships on cartoons. So.. I tasted it. Tasted like sugar, and made a cup of lemonade. After I drank it, I started feeling funny. My cousin was laughing at me. That's the last thing I remember. According to my cousin, I started foaming at the mouth, and she was still laughing... then I fell to the floor and started shaking violently... That's when she started getting scared and woke up my aunt. My aunt called 911, and beat the crap out my cousin for letting me eat rat poisoning. And woke up the baby and he was crying like crazy... so the apt was making alot of noise that even the neighbors got curious. Sorry... but my aunt doesn't handle stress well, STILL DON'T, and will lash out on others. When I regained consciousness, I see a bunch of white men in masks and this big machine with needles on the end going towards my stomach. I was scared to death but couldn't move, and I blacked out again. Next time I came to, I was in a big baby crib, with a big bowl of mints for me to eat. I thought I was in big trouble and started crying like crazy, and my parents came rushing in. They comfort me, and took turns being with me in the hospital. I recovered ok, but I didn't see my cousins again for months. Almost a year! My mom and aunt are fraternal twins, so I was really close with my cousins and I thought I would never see them again. This incident almost broke up the family, and I thought it was completely my fault. Considering my cousin got a spanking from it, she hated me for awhile too. This whole situation depressed me so much. It took me sooooo long to get over what happened, and as of this day, my cousins still poked fun of me because of it. Growing up after that was like, "Here Philena, a bottle of pirate juice... yummy" its ammonia or some other cleaner, when they still had the warning labels on them. So... that's it... a previous poisoned child promoting non-toxic living to prevent more childhood poisoning. Got this little round mark on my stomach for the past 27 years, still there... will not go away. But what happened to me was an actual poison! Kids nowadays are going through the same thing I went through, but from soap, toothpaste, and other household cleaners. It really pisses me off. I mean... come on... TOOTHPASTE!!! I use to eat toothpaste when I was a kid... I never got my stomach pumped from it. So that my personal story. So now you know my why when it comes to health and wellness. I'm not the one to bounce around from product to product trying to find ways to make more money online. The money has never been an issue for me; my WHY is too strong to worry about quotas and bringing in so many customers a month to make bonuses and such. I just like to get the word out. If you been through what I had, it will be more like public service rather than a business. The checks I get are just the plus side to it. I would probably be a strong advocate for them still if I wasn’t getting paid for it. Doesn’t make a difference to me, I talk too much. I love networking though. I’ve learned so much. I made the best friends doing this. Here’s my secret. “So.. what did you think about the call today? Etc… script” Then could say, “You know what, this business is not for me… thanks for your time?” I guess they think it’s over and I say bye. No way! “Oh.. sorry to hear that. What exactly are you looking for? I know about 100 work at home businesses that are not scams. I don’t want you to fall victim of any scams.” It pretty much, works in my favor after that. Not really the pushy type. Guess that’s why a lot of network marketers don’t like me. I either report spam on them, or curse them out, and just plain ignore them, because I didn’t know better myself at the beginning, and someone cursed me out and set me straight. LOL.. sorry if I hurt anyones feeling, but I don’t see how so many of you can work so many businesses at once. I’ll sign up for free, and don’t do anything with it and get all the spam and admin mailings wishing I never signed up. I guess it’s all up to the individual. I can only handle Rush Office and MomsWin. They pretty much run together because since we work with a lot of ink and toner, we use the cleaning products for the copier machines, so I don’t think I’m going anywhere without them. I’m so worried right now everyone. My dad got a cockard spaniel named Patches. All white. He ran away last night. I’ve been trying my best to tell you my story, but I’ve been back n forth trying to find this dog. My sister is gone to Jamaica for a wedding, and my dad is gone to TX for the weekend. He is 16mths old. No one has reported him yet. I’m so tired. I have my neice and nephew here with us too. We've been looking all day.. So I’m honored to be here, but very distracted. Sorry everyone.. I did the best I could. Thanks so much for this honor today. Philena ********************************************************* We told you she’s had an interesting life. She’s quite a resourceful lady and a good friend so invite her to be your friend if she’s not on your friends list. Have a great week Philena! Love and blessings to all of you from, John Sanchez and LaNell ********************************************************* ********************************************************* My Blogs Goodwill Ambassador
+0
Re: Welcome to The Feature of the Week aka Person of the Week! (38th Edition)
4/10/2006 3:34:48 PM
Hello Philena! What a pleasure to see you as this week's POTW. Congratulations! Have a most marvelous week. Your bio was so very interesting. Love you,
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/10/2006 3:46:17 PM
Hi Philena, Congratulations on being POTW!!! Have a great week, you are a remarkable woman. Your Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Lee
Lee Talmadge

612 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/10/2006 3:46:18 PM
Great work John and LaNell :-) Congratulations Philena ,wish you a great week as POTW and a full future of success :-) Lee
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/10/2006 3:52:21 PM
*************************************************************** Hello Everyone! ;-) Queen Philena is going to rule the community this week. :-) Philena,we love you! Enjoy this POTW honor. 8) LaNell ***************************************************************
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!