Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Opinions Wanted!
4/8/2006 10:15:27 PM
Hi Linda&Friends, I just would like some opinions about my website http://www.bestbigdeal.com What you don't like What needs to be changed What do I need more of What do I need to get rid of What do you like etc..etc.. Thank you so much for your time and consideration
Your Friend Bob Clark
+0
Re: Opinions Wanted!
4/9/2006 9:13:12 PM
At first glance a very busy to the eye and therefore a bit confusing.
+0
4/9/2006 10:13:19 PM
Thanks for your opinion, I'll see what I can do about that. Got any suggestions?
Your Friend Bob Clark
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
4/10/2006 8:18:16 PM
What needs to go: The TMI flash banner, Opnions and Late Breaking News. What do I like: The Hot List Looks like there's potential to show off Amsoil, just my opinion.
+0
4/12/2006 7:34:13 PM
Hi Robert... Well - you asked for an opinion, so I hope you find this helpful. But first - a bit of trivia. It's very relevant, which is why I'm including it. Last year, the holiday season marked a landmark change in what's happening online. Over the holiday shopping season, consumers spent over 30 billion dollars online. That figure represents retail purchases only - not travel bookings or ticket purchases, etc. Just retail buying. Know what was the landmark part of that? The fact that a WHOPPING 45% of that money went to small businesses. One of the small businesses that I am contracted to do marketing for cleared over $100,000.00 in 30 days flat. (I never handle more than 5 marketing clients at a time, incidentally) Do you know WHY small businesses took such a chunk of the online pie? Because of the shopping experience. Because consumers like knowing that they're dealing with a Mom and Pop or a home business. Because most big businesses treat customers poorly. As consumers, we are sick of voice mail hell and emails from 'support' and hearing people say "that's the policy, sorry." So we, as consumers, are turning to small business in droves. We like the friendly contact. We like the personal feeling. We like knowing the person behind the business and feeling like we're giving our hard earned dollars to someone that actually gives a damn. And that's what's wrong with your site. It doesn't show that. It's just another "American Gifts" giftshop. There is no "you" showing clearly. The article "feeds" do nothing to endear you to me. Where are your opinions? Where are your reviews? Where are your personal recommendation? You know those quaint little stores that we sometimes stumble upon on a side street and wander into? The ones where the owner can tell you fascinating stories about every piece on the shelf? That kind of gift shop, I'd buy from. Another American Gifts shop? Probably not. They just come across like a big flea market - but online. We have lots of flea markets around here where I can buy low priced stuff and not have to wait for shipping. I've seen people with sites like yours make them profitable by adding Google Adsense to the pages. The site owners make a few cents every time someone clicks a link to hurry out the door. That strikes me as sad. I think you could take that selection and make something fun with it. Make it personal. Make it a niche by selecting what to carry. It would be a lot of work, yes... but you'd be one of the first to do it. I've made this same suggestion to "gift" site owners lots of times. Usually they just go ask somewhere else - hoping someone will have an easier solution to make it work. I don't think there is an easier solution. Hope that helps. Feel welcome to ask more questions if that would help you along. That's what I'm here for. : ) Linda
+0