Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: You just gotta see this, too cute
3/27/2006 6:15:41 PM
Here is a report from KUWS FM radio station, Wisconsin Man charged with killing albino deer Hide may be saved (12/5/2005) A citation has been issued for killing a rare albino deer in northern Wisconsin last month. Mike Simonson reports that the hide of the all-white deer may be put on public display. The charge against 48 year-old Larry Higgins of Bancroft, Wisconsin is taking a protected species. If convicted, Higgins faces a one-thousand dollar fine plus other expenses. A judge could also take away his hunting privileges. The albino deer was killed November 21 near Cable. Bayfield County District Attorney Craig Haukaas says Higgins doesn't have any prior violations. "There does not appear to be a criminal charge that could or should be brought. It's a little bit peculiar but there isn't a criminal penalty for shooting an albino deer." True albino deer like this one are rare. Conservation Warden Mike Vogolsang in Ashland says it was all-white with pink eyes and pink hooves. He says they need protection or some people would target them. "It's mainly because it's an aesthetic type thing. The public enjoys seeing them. They're a special type of animal. They're unique in nature. The legislators or whoever decided that they should be protected." The meat from the albino will be donated and after it's used as evidence, the DNR says the hide could be publicly displayed in hopes of educating people about this special animal. ********* I also found an albino squirrel society with a picture of one. If interested just put in albino squirrel in "search"
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/28/2006 8:46:46 AM
Hello David, WoW, that was awesome to see those pictures. Thank you for sharing. I will pass it around also. How heart warming of you to be so touched by this. Warmest Regards,
+0
Terri Martin

21 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/28/2006 9:36:30 AM
Hello, Thanks for sharing your treasured memory of a visit from a creature from heaven. They are so beautiful! In a nearby park, there was an albino deer who was accidently hit by a car. The people who hit it were so heart broken because they would regularily see it at the park. They decided to have the skin stuffed and it is on display for the public in a small temperture controlled house with plexiglass windows so visitors can see it. There are also albino goats, which I was witness to once. I love the outdoors and see what treasures God has for us.
+0
3/28/2006 10:45:07 AM
:-) Thanks for sharing Namaste - the love of God in me salutes the love of God in you!
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
3/29/2006 6:04:24 PM
Hello David, Thanks for the invite and link, I'll take a look.Bit lite on the info here. Thanks Leanne Busby Post a free ad! http://epage.com/js/csp/45624.html
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!