Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Doug Woodall

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Massive Joker DNS DOS Takes Out Portion of Internet
3/24/2006 10:36:48 PM
Massive Joker DNS DOS Takes Out Portion of Internet A massive DOS (Denial of Service attack - the version coming from many servers is known as a DDOS, or Distributed Denial of Service attack) has taken out the DNS servers of registrar Joker. The result has been that countless domains which are registered through Joker and whose DNS is service by joker effectively fell of the Internet in one form or another. In fact, the mailing facilities for our old address, aunty-spam.com, were so affected. Explains Joker: “Joker.com currently experiences massive distributed denial of service attacks against nameservers. This affects DNS resolution of Joker.com itself, and also domains which make use of Joker.com nameservers. We are very sorry for this issue, but we are working hard for a permanent solution. Thank you for your understanding, Your Team of Joker.com” So, if today or in the next few days you find things simply not working - such as being unable to get to a website you know exists - it may well be the work of DOS against Joker’s DNS servers.
Doug Woodall SpywareBiz,,,We take the Spy out of Spyware! http://www.spywarebiz.com Providing Free Information and Recommended Products to Combat Spyware.
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Massive Joker DNS DOS Takes Out Portion of Internet
3/25/2006 11:15:54 AM
Doug, I got a message from Adland mentioning their nameservers were under this type of attack, too. Didn't know what it meant. Thanks for the explanation. Cheri
+0