Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder
3/11/2006 12:09:19 AM
> Hi Everyone, Had to pass this on it's something I've got some days. ************** AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder This is how it manifests ..... I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing. As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the front verandah table that I brought up from the letter box earlier, just after the mailman had been. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I put my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage bin beside the table, and notice that the bin is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the post box when I take out the garbage anyway (and the mailman picks up the mail at noon) ... I may as well pay the bills first. So, I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is only 1 cheque left. My spare cheque book is in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke I'd been drinking earlier this morning. I know I going to look for my cheque book, but first I need to push the Coke can aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. The Coke is warm, so I decide to put it in the refrigerator to make it cold again. As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the dining room table catches my eye -- they need water. I put the Coke on the dining room table and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to put more water in the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the table, go to the kitchen sink to get a jug and fill it with water and suddenly spot the TV remote on the window sill. Some-one left it there. I realise that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the window sill, so I decide to put it back in the lounge room where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers. I pour some water in the jug, but spill some on the floor. So, I set the remote back on the kitchen bench, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do. At the end of the day: - the car isn't washed - the cheque's aren't written for the bills to be paid - there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the dining room table - the flowers don't have enough water, - there is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book, - I can't find the remote, - I can't find my glasses, - the garbage hasn't been taken out - and I don't remember what I did with the car keys. Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day, and I'm really tired now. I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail. Do me a favour. Forward this message to everyone you know,because I don't remember who the hell I've sent it to. Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!! GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL. LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC. Thanks Leanne Busby
+0
Re: AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder
3/11/2006 12:38:57 AM
Hi Leanne, I am 30 years old and I have AAADD myself. I'll forward this to some other people if I can remember to. I need to take out the garbage first, though. Good luck in you recovery. Best Wishes, Ezra
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2006 3:22:40 AM
Hi Leanne, That's great - and some days it REALLY applies! God bless, Dave
+0
Larry Anderson

2606 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2006 3:35:42 AM
Hi I forgot your name lol everyday is like that for me
Larry Anderson 1st vice president http://www.whaspllc.com Get what you want but want what you get Wherever you go-there you are Skpe ID:larryeanderson
+0
3/11/2006 6:27:32 AM
Dear Leanne, That is great, and I don't know how many times I've left the house and come back--over and over! Thanks,
Shannon Bolin
http://www.myspace.com/shannontucker1
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!