Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Could you do this? How? What would you do?
3/5/2006 7:09:44 PM
At this point I think I would tend to seek out joint ventures.
+0
3/8/2006 12:57:14 AM
Hi: Okay.... so you're going to take a stab at it. You need to get 1,000 visitors in 72 hours. How do you do it? There are many, many ways to get people to your website. But, if you're looking for fast results, you need fast methods. And, you need to decide if you want to go paid or free. The most effective ways to get response is [a] from people that know/like/trust you (ie; customers & mailing list) [b] through third party endorsement. For example, if Cheri sends me an email and says "Hey, Linda - you gotta see this..." I'm very likely to go look. BUT, there are caveats to both of those, too. 1) If you have a mailing list - that's at the top of the list. The caveat; You need to come up with a compelling reason for them to go look, now. Other than that, it's the first thing to do if you have a list. 2) Third party endorsement is next - but it's harder to get. The caveat; If you are able to offer a commission, that helps. But, if you don't offer commission, or you ARE the affiliate, that probably won't work because most people won't "pitch" their list without something in return. If you can find someone that will - that's a bonus. So yes, Cheri, you get an A. But only if you can offer something to create the incentive for someone to endorse you to their list.. and inside of the 72 hours. 3) Peter is very right about articles - and sensationalism. If I want a flurry of traffic, this is one of the methods I'll use. The caveat; You have a three step process to master with articles. The title must be compelling enough to get them to click to the article. The article must be good enough (and short) to keep them reading to the end so they see your sig file. Then, the sig file has to create incentive to get them to click to the site. If you can do that, the results can be drop dead spectacular, and I kid you not. That's where sensationalism comes into play. Not hype. Interest. Curiosity. Intrique. Those are things that motivate people. 4) Mark suggested press/media That's a powerhouse idea. If you can get a story into Yahoo news or Google news... the results would blow your mind. The caveat; Most people don't know the difference between a sales pitch and a news story, so their stuff never makes it. The media isn't in the business of advertising for anyone. They're in the business of covering newsworthy stories. If you can give them one, you'll like the results. 5) Mark also suggested PPC Also a good idea, but not free. The caveat; You need to know which keywords to purchase, and how to set up and run an effective ad campaign. Some people get great results - others spend lots for no results. Questions? More ideas? : )
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/8/2006 5:04:45 PM
Linda, You betcha I have questions! 1) So, OK, I don't have a mailing list to speak of, yet. I do have names and email addresses of maybe a couple hundred people who would recognize my name. I'm not talking contest now, I'm talking, how do I get started on collecting that mailing list. Is it considered spam if you send a couple hundred emails that say something along the lines of "Hi, remember me? I just launched a new website and I'd like your opinion." ? But that one's out for the contest. 2) Please clarify something in this: ============================================ ...only if you can offer something to create the incentive for someone to endorse you to their list.. and inside of the 72 hours. ============================================ Do you mean aside from the commission I'll be offering them? Do people who respond to JVs like this want or expect bonuses for their lists aside from what you're selling? I.e., I sell my ebook, offering a commission to the partners who will promote it to their lists. In addition, would it 'sweeten the pot' for the partners for me to offer an added-value item to their customers? This is doable, but I'd have to set up the products in advance. If you ran the contest tomorrow, I couldn't do this. 3) Let's say this is what I choose. Your caveat is well-taken. Let's assume I can do all that (a very big assumption). ============================================ If you can do that, the results can be drop dead spectacular, and I kid you not. That's where sensationalism comes into play. Not hype. Interest. Curiosity. Intrique. Those are things that motivate people. ============================================ How would you expose the article to all those people? I'll save the last question. Cheri
+0
3/8/2006 6:20:02 PM
Hi Cheri; ======================================== 1) So, OK, I don't have a mailing list to speak of, yet. I do have names and email addresses of maybe a couple hundred people who would recognize my name. I'm not talking contest now, I'm talking, how do I get started on collecting that mailing list. Is it considered spam if you send a couple hundred emails that say something along the lines of "Hi, remember me? I just launched a new website and I'd like your opinion." ? ======================================== No, I don't think it would be considered spam. But then, I don't get to decide that. lol. I just read a public opinion poll on spam. Apparently, the general public thinks that "if I don't want it in my inbox, it's spam" I've done what you're suggesting, so I can base this on experience. Make the email very, very casual. And don't ask for an opinion of your site. You do NOT want to get those emails. Everyone loves to be a judge and many will get offended when you don't implement their ideas. (ie; Dear Cheri, I am not fond of that color, and I think you should should make it tones of blue and orange. People will...) Trust me on THIS one. lol. Ask something that invites feedback, but not for a generic opinion. (I'll mull this over a bit and see if I can come up with ideas) =========================================== Do you mean aside from the commission I'll be offering them? Do people who respond to JVs like this want or expect bonuses for their lists aside from what you're selling? =========================================== No, a commission is usually all they expect. What I meant more is that [a] some people can't offer a commission because they *are* the reseller and [b] people don't always respond quickly to JV offers. A common reply is "Sure, I'll tell my list about it. But first, I need to read it. I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks, okay?" Then there's the folks that will say "Sure, I trust you. I don't need to read it to know it's good. I can sent that out next week for you. Sound okay?" Then there's the folks that will say "Sure, but do you have sales copy for me to use in my newsletter? " That third one happens a LOT. That's why anyone that subscribes to a ton of "internet marketing" newsletters gets the SAME pitch over and over from different people. The program creator writes the copy and gives it to everyone to use. I say this from experience, too. The people that will read your book (or try a product) and write their own review in their own words are worth their weight in gold. They're rare folks. ========================================== 3) Let's say this is what I choose. Your caveat is well-taken. Let's assume I can do all that (a very big assumption). ... How would you expose the article to all those people? ========================================== Through article directories. There's a whole long list of them in my "cash cow" book, which Peter linked to earlier in this thread. Just fyi, I'm going to be pulling the cash cow book when I put the rest of my course out. I've split it into two so that I can provide more information on the areas I've seen people struggle with. You'll get an entire module covering how to and where to in the course. ========================================== I'll save the last question... ========================================== lol. Given how long my replies are, I can't say I blame you. If the screen was wider, they wouldn't seem so long. Heh... : )
+0
3/8/2006 9:06:12 PM
["The people that will read your book (or try a product) and write their own review in their own words are worth their weight in gold. They're rare folks." ] Levi did that same thing for a guy selling an exercise program for cyclists. Then he even made a video of some college friends working out to it and the guy liked it so much he started putting a link to it in his newsletters and Levi would get the commission from the sales. Not long ago he sent Levi all his new dvd's so he could do more reviews for him. "Article Directories" Wish I could write better or could fill a page like some other people on this forum. But I sure am going to try some of those directories when we get to that part. Martha
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!