Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Free Ringtones?? A new Threat
2/28/2006 6:43:30 PM
Hi Everyone, This is special and actually happened to me!! Had to get a new cell phone, oh.. about 2 months ago. As I was setting it up, I relized it didn't have the ringtone I use for my son. I searched for it from my cell phone company and they no longer had it available. SO.... I went on-line and registered for a "free" ringtone. I searched the database and found the song... One week By the Bare Naked Ladies, That's the one!! Sent it to my phone...Ok Now they want $3.99. No Problem add it to the bill. Got the ringtone just fine. A few days later as I was trying to sleep, I started getting text messages from ringtone companies. Ok so Turn off the phone and delete the messages. That was a bad move.... This month when my cell phone bill came in I had numerous charges for ringtones, Not only did I have the charge for $3.99 but also a charge for $25.00 for a monthly service and some more from another 2 or 3 companies, that I never got anything from.(Except the text messages.) So I called the cell phone company... and what I was told, amazed me!! These ringtone companies can send you a text message to your cell phone and as long as you do not reply to them with a "STOP" You will be billed a monthly service charge. WHAT!! That's ridiculose, Not to mention an invasion of privacy and hitting us in the wallet without our knowledge. Seems a little sneeky to me. Well they took it off the bill except for the $3.99, That I was going to pay anyway. It just seems a little under handed to me, but what a profitable scam. My advice is ... If you recieve any text messages via cell phone from companies.... Reply to it with a "STOP" Have a Safe day!!
+0
Lisa Reddell

254 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Free Ringtones?? A new Threat
2/28/2006 7:46:12 PM
Hi Eileen, Sounds like we need a Do Not Text Message/Do Not contact database now. Sheesh! Thanks for making us aware of this... its a new one on me. Lisa :`)
Lisa Reddell :`)
Do you love candles?
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/1/2006 3:56:07 AM
Hi Eileen, That's why I don't have my cell phone internet activated. I spend enough time online in front of my computer. :-) Thanks for the heads up - I think I'll stick with the phone service only. God bless, Dave
+0
3/1/2006 5:15:34 AM
should have got IGONET service..lol. You're never charged for extras.
+0
3/1/2006 8:31:11 AM
Thanks for posting this, Eileen. Always good to be aware. God Bless.
Can $5, $40 or $150 Return $1,000,000? For over 15 years providing above average income for average people! http://f5m-millionaires-club.com/freereport/freereport.php?id=freidahttp://www.f5m-millionaires-club.com/crazyunclelowell/?id=freida
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!