Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Been Away Awhile-Just Dropped In To Say Hi!
12/9/2017 1:11:55 AM
Hello Everybody,

Thought Y'all might enjoy this one:

I have always thought that "Honesty is Always the Best Policy". A situation that happened recently, proved once more that this is definitely the case.

Once last Summer, while on Vacation, I decided to go golfing down in Hilton Head, SC, with my buddy, Shawn. So, we loaded up Shawn's minivan and headed South. Well, we had a terrific time and decided to play around down there for a couple of days.

However, later, while driving home, we got caught in a terrible storm. Luckily, we spotted a few houses along the way, so we pulled into a nearby farm and asked the attractive lady who answered the door if we could spend the night.

“I realize it's terrible weather out there and I have this huge house all to myself, but I'm recently widowed,” she explained, “and I'm afraid the neighbors will talk if I let you stay in my house.”

“Don't worry,” I said. “We'll be happy to sleep in the barn. And if the weather breaks, we'll be gone at first light.” So, the lady agreed, and we found our way to the barn and settled in for the night.

Come morning, the weather had cleared, and we got on our way. All I all, we had a terrific vacation and we had enjoyed a great weekend of golf. However, about nine months later, I got an unexpected letter from an attorney. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, but I finally determined that it was from the attorney of that attractive widow whom we had met on the golf weekend.

That afternoon, I dropped in on my friend Shawn and asked, “Shawn, do you remember that good-looking widow from the farm we stayed at on our golf holiday in SC about 9 months ago?'

“Yes, I do,” said Shawn

“Did you, er… happen to get up in the middle of the night, go up to the house and pay her a visit?”

“Well, um… yes,” Shawn said, a little embarrassed about being found out, “I have to admit that I did.”

“And did you happen to give her my name instead of telling her your name?”

Shawn's face turned beet red and he said, “Yeah, look… I'm sorry, buddy. I'm afraid I did. Why do you ask?”

"Well, it seems that she just died and she left me everything.”

(And you thought the ending would be different, didn't you? And, you’re smiling, aren’t you?)

Happy Friday, Y'all!

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Been Away Awhile-Just Dropped In To Say Hi!
12/9/2017 2:27:02 AM
lol, good one!
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/9/2017 6:33:57 AM
Hi Diane,

I thought it was kind of true to real life. You know, what goes around comes around.

Have A Great Weekend,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/10/2017 5:37:38 AM
Hi Phil,

good to see you back. I am a little slow with my mail. I just got to this.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!