Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Saying I Love You...
4/30/2017 12:02:41 PM
A friend of mine told me that in China, people don't always feel comfortable saying, "I love you." Sometimes they will say, "I like you," when they actually mean, "I love you."

That happens everywhere, I believe.

We don't always say what we want to say, or ought to say. Often, we substitute some other words or actions for our real message. Commonly, we want to assume the other person just "knows" how we feel about them.

Men are really bad at this. I know. I'm one.

We DO things out of love and assume the other person, generally female (who wants to hear the words) "gets it".

I know it's hard to know he's shouting, "I LOVE YOU" when all you see is him carrying out the garbage.

Well, none of us are mind readers.

Probably, you don't want to rush up to the neighbor's spouse and yell, "I LOVE YOU". Especially if the neighbor's present. Still, maybe if people tried a little harder to get their true message across in some understandable form, there would be a few more people thinking nicer thoughts.

Not gonna change the world, but, might change somebody's day.

That's good, right?

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Saying I Love You...
4/30/2017 4:44:31 PM
This is also true of females. I know I have had problems saying "I love You" I know I could say I like you, with no trouble, but to say I love you, well it just is so much harder. It has got to be in how we were taught.
So it is now time to change this to saying "I love you" and keep repeating it. So to start I will say I love you my friend.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
RE: Saying I Love You...
4/30/2017 7:50:33 PM
Thank you
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!