Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Interest, Interaction, Concentration
4/17/2017 2:11:44 PM
n one of my favorite books, "The Art of Thinking,", Abbé Ernest Dimnet points out that 'interest' is an important factor in concentration. I have long had difficulty with concentration as I am led astray by almost any stimulus which may occur during thought...including my own random thoughts. Over the years, lack of ability to focus on an idea, carrying it along a logical trail to a conclusion, has interfered with many careers, relationships, and interests. For years, I have written poetry. I enjoy putting words on paper (now a computer screen) in a manner that imparts knowledge or feeling. It has been so difficult for me to do this face-to-face because of my sporadic ability to focus. While not quite orgasmic, it is an almost explosively exhilarating experience to actually create a poem which speaks my words and encapsulates my ideas. Recently, due to the encouragement of a fellow writer, I have expanded to writing these little snippets of thought. Some people seem to like to read them. That pleases me even more. So many things in life are so much more fun when done WITH someone or FOR them. Someone once told me I enjoyed hearing myself talk. Probably true. But, I enjoy it so much more if someone else does too. I guess interest AND interaction are good for MY focus. Thank you.

I hope you will check out my poetry at http://ravensong.4t.com.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!