Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Do you have any White Elephants in your life?
2/14/2006 9:19:03 PM
Linda, Thanks for posting this again. I enjoyed it the first time, and again today. What about all the clutter in our lives, both emotional and physical, that we spend so much time, energy and money preserving and accomodating? I sometimes marvel at the ranks of storage units I see, and wonder what could possibly be worth paying hundreds of dollars to store, but not worth keeping in your home to use? Even worse is the emotional baggage that we could just choose to let go and end the struggle to 'clean it, feed it and parade it'. I'm sure we'd be happier if we took the White Elephant story to heart and applied it to all that clutter. Cheri
+0
2/15/2006 10:22:40 AM
Hi Linda, Excellent article! Oh those white elephants! I've spent the last two months banishing them from both my mind and my home. I'm sure there are few left behind but I know I'm feeling a freedom I haven't had in ages. There's so much more time to concentrate on the important things when you don't have to clean, feed and parade those elephants! Blessings . . . Linda O
Making a Difference ~ one card at a time http://www.LindaOffenheiser.com/cards.html
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
2/15/2006 1:34:45 PM
Hey Cheri, Absolutely! I can look around my home too and see all kinds of things in storage. So silly! I remember when my grandmother passed over, we found all the gifts family members had given her - stored away and "saved" - so she never got any use from them. Maybe she got some joy from knowing they were there. I agree with you 100%. Clutter is clogging our lives. We could do a whole forumon clearing clutter! Now, I gotta go clean our a drawer or something!
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0