Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Yes, Pokemon is Political as well as a great tool for criminals and politicians
7/13/2016 7:54:00 PM
I know the crux of this article is related to gaming, however being mobile is new for gaming and will be for many others too. Imagine the potential for good and bad alike.

The Pokémon Go craze is sweeping across America. See how the game works, why everyone's so crazy about it, and all the stories that have come from it, from the game's positive impact on depression victims to armed robberies.(Jhaan Elker/The Washington Post)

Nintendo’s recent foray into the mobile gaming space has been super effective, to say the least. And that could be a nightmare for hard-core gamers like me.

Sure, Pokémon Go is making millions of people go outside, get exercise and meet people in real life. I won’t deny it’s fun: I’m a Level 13 trainer on Team Valor, and last weekend, I even took part in a Pokémon walk across the Mall. But the app’s runaway success is evidence for developers who have been saying for years: “Mobile is where the future of gaming lies.”

So said Hideki Hayakawa, chief executive of Konami, the Japanese game publisher that has been the steward for many beloved gaming franchises such as “Castlevania” and “Metal Gear Solid.” Thanks to that mobile-above-all attitude, Konami has become one of the industry’s most reviled publishers: In October, it canceled the highly anticipated “Silent Hills” game that was to be directed by Guillermo del Toro.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/07/13/why-pokemon-gos-huge-success-makes-me-fear-not-cheer-the-future-of-gaming/?tid=sm_fb

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0