Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sorrel and Lemon Sauce
7/6/2016 3:12:31 PM
Sorrel and Lemon Sauce

I love a good sauce. There is noting that I can think of that enhances a dish better.

Sometimes a sauce is the definition of the dish itself. Consider pasta sauce or how about a Marcela sauce. I can probably name a few more but I think you get the picture. The best thing about this kind of sauce is you can use a verity of meats such as chicken or veal etc.

The other day I was looking through this cook book called “Step by Step Sauces Dips and Salsas” and came across this recipe I want to share. I was cooking salmon this day and wanted to try something new besides a traditional cocktail sauce so I found this recipe.

Sorrel and Lemon Sauce:

Goes with fish or chicken

Preparation time: 25 minutes

Total cooking time: 10 minutes

Serves 4

1oz. sorrel leaves, stems removed (found in grocery stores) fresh basil works as well

3 egg yolks

5oz. butter, melted

3 tablespoons lemon juice

[if Put the sorrel in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 30 seconds. Drain and refresh in cold water to keep the color, then chop finely or tear into small pieces.

[if Put the egg yolks in a bowl and place over a pan of simmering water. Wisk the yolks for about one minute, or until they thicken.

[if Continue whisking and gradually drizzle the melted butter into the yolks, a little at a time, whisking after each addition, until sauce is thick and creamy. Remove the bowl from the heat. Whisk in the lemon juice and sorrel season to taste with salt and pepper.

NUTRITION PER SERVEING

Protein = 2g

Fat = 34 grams

Carbohydrate = 1g

Dietary fiber = 0g

Cholesterol + 230 mg and 317 cal.

The recipe may look a little hard but no matter what your skill level is your family will love it.

Please check out this article and many more at.http://tempuri.org/tempuri.html

My blog is http://yourkitchenandcooking.com. But there is a big change comming soon.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!