Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: I REALLY Did NOT Spend a Penny !!!!
7/22/2017 5:35:10 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Tell me what you did. I am working my butt off and having no results. Help me.
I am not a young guy. This retirement thing is a real pain. LOL

Do you publish a blog?

If not ...get a FREE WEEBLY via either flashing 'backlink' in my community signature ... scroll to bottom of page

This is the BEST site to use for SFI promotions, publish banners, easy html
and more ...

When You publish, let me know ... I have a special Niche I am only sharing with my connections at Hits4U

Congratulations John
John Priestley

... advanced in SFI...

Jan (aka) Jaz Green is one of your fellow SFI'ers
who added their names to the congratulations list!
Keep up the great work!

+1
7/23/2017 8:38:01 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Tell me what you did. I am working my butt off and having no results. Help me.
I am not a young guy. This retirement thing is a real pain. LOL

Do you publish a blog?

If not ...get a FREE WEEBLY via either flashing 'backlink' in my community signature ... scroll to bottom of page

This is the BEST site to use for SFI promotions, publish banners, easy html
and more ...

When You publish, let me know ... I have a special Niche I am only sharing with my connections at Hits4U

Congratulations John
John Priestley

... advanced in SFI...

Jan (aka) Jaz Green is one of your fellow SFI'ers
who added their names to the congratulations list!
Keep up the great work!

John,

That poster's quote 'allen' will not go away

any who

I found the following article, which attune to my opinion of "Corporate Crack"

shiny object syndrome

"Marketers love chasing the shiny new thing. It seems like every week, we learn about a new technology, social network, or media platform that promises to be the next big idea in marketing.

We sometimes get so enamored by the shiny new thing that we forget the fundamentals that the business goals come first. The shiny objects that we come across are only worthwhile in terms of whether and how they enable us to reach those business goals. The value is in what the shiny new thing enables, not the shiny new thing itself.

Last year, a marketing friend was asked, “What’s your Snapchat strategy?” Not only did the question automatically assume that Snapchat was a fit for the brand, the question implied that the brand would develop a new strategy for Snapchat rather than ask how Snapchat could enable or amplify the brand’s existing strategy. The question put the cart before the horse.

Any successful marketing program takes sustained energy and commitment. The cost of perpetually chasing the shiny new thing hits all of the other priorities that have to be put on the back burner to make room for the shiny new thing. If we try to do everything, we won’t do anything particularly well.

Of course, brands can’t stay static and our best laid marketing plans have to be adaptable. It makes sense to assess new marketing opportunities as they come along. But we have to keep that exploration in context. There are no magic bullets in marketing.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on how marketers should navigate the shiny new things that come along. URL

+1
John Priestley

481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/25/2017 9:00:22 AM
Too true. I can remember marketing courses where the only focus was embracing new technology without reflecting on what the product/service was addressing and whether there was really a fit.

Have a grand day, John.
Onward and upward,
John Priestley
-------------------------------
This is what I use to help build my downline for free...
http://www.listsurfing.com/?rid=4285
and you might like to check this out, while you are about it...
https://clubshop.com/index.aspx?data=UbB2XEz8UKQ=
+1
7/25/2017 11:44:19 AM
Quote:
Too true. I can remember marketing courses where the only focus was embracing new technology without reflecting on what the product/service was addressing and whether there was really a fit.

Have a grand day, John.

I was in the Top 10 of all my college courses, right up to almost earning a master financial analyst degree (my health tanked, I had to drop out) ...

... there is a grave difference in classroom training and 'real life application'
... who could, for example, for see the current president of USA?
... did you know, in Europe, his last name is what Americans call 'fart' ??? no kidding

Jan (aka) Jaz Green
+1
John Priestley

481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/26/2017 7:39:39 AM
Sorry to hear that you did not complete your masters. I managed to hold on in there until the end and got an MBA in Oxford. It was right at the beginning of the Internet, so most of the professors who were from outside business were not really up to date on it. Harvard would have been better as they are more forward looking.

John.
Onward and upward,
John Priestley
-------------------------------
This is what I use to help build my downline for free...
http://www.listsurfing.com/?rid=4285
and you might like to check this out, while you are about it...
https://clubshop.com/index.aspx?data=UbB2XEz8UKQ=
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!