Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diana Briere

243 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Folded Napkin
2/8/2006 8:46:01 PM
Hi Tim, This was a beautful story. Paragragh #5 spells out a downs syndrome person to a tee. They are the most loving of all.Always happy and always trying to help.My youngest son works at a recycling depot and they have hired these people for the perpose of separating all the paper,cardboard and bottles. It's a job they can do and they do diligently. My son has gotten to love these guys and sometimes brings them home and makes dinner for them or lends them his weights. They watch a movie and then he takes them home. Usually on a friday evening.My son lives in our home in the basement suite so I get to see whats going on with his private life.(Arn't I the lucky one) anyway I am proud to know that he understands how the less fortunate are living out their lives and is willing to help them enjoy theirs. I honestly think he loves them and he teases them and makes them laugh Isn't this what life is all about? The little things that we take for granted, are a huge lift for others not so fortunate in life. My son Jeff is also a truck driver for the deopt. Thanks for this forum Tim. Diana http"//mapleridgemarketplace.com/
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2006 9:39:17 PM
Inspirational and touching. This shows there is a place in the world for everyone of pure heart. DonnaZ
+0
2/8/2006 10:37:23 PM
Tim, Thank You VERY much For inviting me. Sounds like the truck stops. And The Truckers. I Have been in the cab of and 18 wheeler for over 37 years. ( Clean Record ) It the real world with real people. Again Tim Thanks. Your Friend Elbert L ( gouardhead ) .
>< Liquidation of General Merchandise www.payjusthalf.com - use Discount code LC57687
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/8/2006 11:26:56 PM
Hi Elbert. I bet that story had visions of many a truckstop passing through your mind. I am pleased you enjoyed it, and happy to have you participate in this forum. I almost said my forum, but really it IS for all of you. To all of you who read and respond. Thanks for allowing me to brighten your lives. T
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
2/8/2006 11:31:58 PM
I have read messages like this before, but something here spoke to me. Thank you I needed this. Something I have not shared, No Money required. My mother in law just had a massive heart attack, and was forced into by pass surgery. The doctors were going to just do 4 by passes, but when they got in there, she needed 5. After the surgery she became very ill, and teetered on death for several days. I gathered my moxy, and asked my grandma to pray with me. She said no need to pray for her, we will just thank God for her getting better. We did. Last night my mother in law impressed even the doctors. She was sitting up and joking this morning. Seeds do not have to be cash. They can be faith seeds. When a person plants a seed of faith hope can grow on the vine. I pray I am like Stevie. I pray I can look past the dollars, and see the sense.
+0