Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
EXCLUSIVE: EPA Dumps 880,000 Lbs Of Toxic Metal Into River, Won’t Answer Any Que
3/31/2016 4:51:04 PM

EXCLUSIVE: EPA Dumps 880,000 Lbs Of Toxic Metal Into River, Won’t Answer Any Questions

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) officials refuse to answer two questions surrounding the August 2015 Gold King Mine spill that would help resolve issues uncovered by a Daily Caller News Foundation investigation.

TheDCNF reported numerous contradictions in the EPA’s explanation of how and why it intentionally breached Colorado’s Gold King Mine, releasing 880,000 pounds of dangerous metals and mining waste into drinking water for three states and the Navajo Nation.

Yet, the EPA refused to clarify those contradictions and instead disregarded TheDCNF’s findings and clung to its original story.

First, the EPA ignored the conflicts of interest surrounding the “independent” investigation of the spill.

FROM AROUND THE WEB

The Department of the Interior (DOI) was tasked to independently review the Gold King Mine spill, but TheDCNF found the agency was heavily involved with the site both before and after the incident. Additionally, DOI’s investigation was secretly ordered to “stay clear” of issues involving EPA’s negligence, internal emails revealed.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/31/epa-keeping-secrets-on-gold-king-mine-disaster/#ixzz44V3dkebS

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+1
Linda Hoffman

173 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: EXCLUSIVE: EPA Dumps 880,000 Lbs Of Toxic Metal Into River, Won’t Answer Any Que
3/31/2016 5:35:11 PM
This isn't allowed on the Community Wall? And, something is haywire, the big letter on the heading have little letters under them. And the article isn't loading right either. Hmmm my computer or Adland Pro goofing up? I loaded it 3 times and still get same thing.
Sign up for my newsletter Get Info on Pet Massage, Pet Health Tips and More http://eepurl.com/bGYSQ5 Visit My Photography Site: http://www.redbubble.com/people/photogonthefly
+0
Linda Hoffman

173 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: EXCLUSIVE: EPA Dumps 880,000 Lbs Of Toxic Metal Into River, Won’t Answer Any Que
3/31/2016 5:37:20 PM
Also the article is getting cut off on the right and no bar to move it so it can be read.
Sign up for my newsletter Get Info on Pet Massage, Pet Health Tips and More http://eepurl.com/bGYSQ5 Visit My Photography Site: http://www.redbubble.com/people/photogonthefly
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2016 11:34:25 PM
Yeah the copy has some coding in it that isn't kosher with this editor.

Sorry

Jim Allen III

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2016 11:36:13 PM
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) officials refuse to answer two questions surrounding the August 2015 Gold King Mine spill that would help resolve issues uncovered by a Daily Caller News Foundation investigation.

TheDCNF reported numerous contradictions in the EPA’s explanation of how and why it intentionally breached Colorado’s Gold King Mine, releasing 880,000 pounds of dangerous metals and mining waste into drinking water for three states and the Navajo Nation.

Yet, the EPA refused to clarify those contradictions and instead disregarded TheDCNF’s findings and clung to its original story.

First, the EPA ignored the conflicts of interest surrounding the “independent” investigation of the spill.

The Department of the Interior (DOI) was tasked to independently review the Gold King Mine spill, but TheDCNF found the agency was heavily involved with the site both before and after the incident. Additionally, DOI’s investigation was secretly ordered to “stay clear” of issues involving EPA’s negligence, internal emails revealed.

“EPA requested that DOI and [the Army Corps of Engineers] conduct the independent review because they are respected entities with long-standing engineering and technical mine site experience,” EPA spokeswoman Nancy Grantham told TheDCNF.

That response came two weeks after TheDCNF asked why DOI was selected to head the “independent” investigation, considering the agency’s numerous conflicts of interest.

Additionally, it’s likely the Army Corps of Engineers peer reviewer’s scathing comments in the report would have been excluded if he hadn’t threatened to withhold his signature.

Second, the EPA didn’t resolve the discrepancy between its official explanation that breaching the mine was an accident, contradicting internal emails.

“As indicated in EPA’s Internal Review and the U.S. Department of Interior’s Bureau of Reclamation Technical Evaluation, excavation work was being conducted above the adit to remove consolidated soils and debris when an uncontrolled release of water occurred,” Grantham told TheDCNF.

Grantham, however, failed to explain an internal email that said the mine was intentionally breached. She also ignored TheDCNF’s finding that the Gold King Mine crew was actually digging at the bottom of the mine’s water-filled entrance.

Jim Allen III

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!