Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
This guy has lost his ever loving mind!
12/1/2015 8:11:42 PM
Stop dropping bombs and build armies would be a truly peaceful mission for the UN and the heads of state in the recent Paris COP21 or whatever the heck they called this bs session.

If "global warming" which they couldn't explain and now "climate change" which is natural and out of our control is such a major issue. Why do these idiots not use modern technology to have these meetings and stop this grandiose waste of resources?

Obama Says a New Tax Is 'The Most Elegant Way' to Stop Climate Change

By Susan Jones | December 1, 2015 | 9:56 AM EST
President Barack Obama speaks at a news conference at the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development in Paris, on Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

(CNSNews.com) - At news conference in Paris on Tuesday, President Obama said "the most elegant way" to reduce carbon emissions is "to put a price on it."

He was responding to a reporter who asked Obama, "I wonder if you see any political path back home toward putting a price on carbon?"

"I have long believed that the most elegant way to drive innovation and to reduce carbon emissions is to put a price on it. This is a classic market failure," Obama replied.

"If you open up an Econ 101 textbook, it will say the market's very good about determining prices and allocating capital towards its most productive use, except there's certain externalities, there's certain things that the market just doesn't count, it doesn't price, at least not on its own. Clean air is an example; clean water -- or the converse, dirty water, dirty air.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/obama-says-new-tax-most-elegant-way-stop-climate-change

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!