Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
GOP Rep McSally: There Are 10,000 IRS Agents For Charity Deductions, But Only Tw
11/21/2015 3:18:55 PM

GOP Rep McSally: There Are 10,000 IRS Agents For Charity Deductions, But Only Two Dozen People Focused on Countering ISIS

Representative

Rep. Martha McSally (R-AZ)
33%
criticized the Obama administration’s ISIS policy, stating, “We have around two dozen people focused on countering violent extremism in the federal government. But we have roughly 10,000 IRS agents making sure you don’t take an improper charity deduction. Where we are putting our resources simply does not match up with the threats we are facing.” Saturday’s GOP Weekly Address.

Transcript as Follows:

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Paris as they recover from last week’s horrific terrorist attacks. While we mourn this tragedy, let us be reminded those attacks could have happened here. This is not to instill fear, but to remind us to be vigilant. That’s why we’re calling on the administration to step up, provide global leadership, and put together a coherent and aggressive strategy to defeat ISIS.

I need no reminders about the threats we face. Before being elected to Congress, I served 26 years in the U.S. Air Force, retiring as a full colonel. I was the first female fighter pilot to fly in combat and the first to command a fighter squadron in combat in U.S. history. In my career, I flew 2,600 flight hours, including over 325 combat hours in both Iraq and Afghanistan. I deployed to the Middle East and Afghanistan six times, serving in leadership positions for the initial air campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan and counter-terrorism ops in Africa.

After I was elected, I had the privilege to be appointed to a task force on combating terrorist and foreign fighter travel. For six months, our bipartisan task force looked at this very threat. What we discovered is that 30,000 individuals have traveled from over 100 countries to Iraq and Syria to join ISIS. We know about 4,500 are from Western and visa-waiver countries. And 250 of them are from America. Those are the ones that we know. We realize there are probably so many that we don’t know.

In addition, law enforcement has ISIS-related investigations in every single state right now, with cases increasing at an alarming rate. And ISIS is employing a sophisticated and unprecedented propaganda, recruitment, and social-media campaign. They use it to inspire or direct people to travel to ISIS-controlled areas to join the fight or remain where they are and commit terrorist attacks at home.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/21/gop-rep-mcsally-there-are-10000-irs-agents-for-charity-deductions-but-only-two-dozen-people-focused-on-countering-isis/

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!