Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The BBB Report on StormPay
2/4/2006 1:23:41 AM
Hello once again! After a quick search at the BBB, here is all the information they have on StormPay Inc. This is a very easy step to take to find out about any business. --------------------------------------------- BBB Reliability Report The Better Business Bureau Serving Middle Tennessee P.O. Box 198436 Nashville, TN 37219-8436 StormPay, Inc 1690 Golf Club Lane Clarksville, TN 37043 Telephone: (931) 647-8750 Fax: (931) 647-8970 The BBB reports on members and non-members. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report BBB Definition: report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB membership information, and Bureau complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by the BBB. . Principal: Mr. Steve Girsky , CEO Incorporated: July 2003, TN Entity: Corporation File Open Date: September 2002 TOB Classification: Online Payment Processor BBB Membership: This company is not a member. Additional DBA Names Tymglobal Principal Officer Mr. Steve Girsky is the CEO of the company. Customer Service Contact Mr. Steve Girsky is the complaint contact person for this company and should be contacted at (931) 647-8750 before filing a complaint with the BBB. Nature Of Business According to information in BBB files, this company offers hosted home pages, email addresses, online auction listings and operates as a payment processor for online transactions. Customer Experience Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record BBB Definition: unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern BBB Definition: pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business. of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims BBB Definition: advertising claims - The Better Business Bureau reviews business advertising, (newspaper, magazine, TV, radio, internet) routinely to ensure that it is truthful and ethical. Claims in advertising are measured against basic advertising principles of the BBB Code of Advertising BBB Definition: BBB Code of Advertising - http://www.bbb.org/membership/codeofad.asp which was developed to guide advertisers, advertising agencies and advertising media. that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark. with BBB due to a pattern BBB Definition: pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business. of complaint received. In the past 36 months, the company has received complaints specifically concerning the company's failure to inform and follow up with its customers when it suspends accounts, failure to release funds in a timely manner and failure to resolve complaints directly with company management. The company has responded to each complaint presented by BBB. However, the company has not eliminated the pattern BBB Definition: pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business. of complaint. YTD 2006, the company has received 8 complaints; In 2005, the company received 49 complaints; In 2004, the company received 6 complaints. Company Management Additional company management personnel include: Mr. John R. McConnell, Jr. - Registered Agent John R. McConnell, Jr. is also listed in BBB files as the registered agent of NetIba, Inc. BBB maintains a seperate file on NetIba, Inc. which is available, free, upon request. Government Actions On August 7, 2003, the Tennessee Securities Division of the Department of Commerce & Insurance issued an "Order to Cease and Desist" (file number 03-020) with TymGlobal, Inc., StormPay, Inc. and John R. McConnell, Jr. The order states that TymGlobal and StormPay are under common ownership and/or control. TymGlobal operates an internet website which is registered to StormPay. On the internet website, respondents are operating a pyramid and/or Ponzi scheme promising large returns on investments for participating in the scheme. The order further states that TymGlobal has not registered any securities offerings with the Division pursuant to Tennessee Securities Act of 1980. Nor has the company registered with the Division as a broker-dealer, agent of a broker-dealer or investment adviser. Also, the respondent StormPay has not registered any securities offerings with the Division nor has the company registered with the Division as a broker-dealer, agent of a broker-dealer, or investment adviser. John R. McConnell, Jr. has not registered with the Division as a broker-dealer, an agent of a broker-dealer or as an investment adviser. Potential investors were given the opportunity to invest in both partnership shares as TymGlobal as well as to participate in various Ponzi schemes. Respondents promised a high return. The offering of participation in the schemes sold by the respondents is an investment contract and thus, a security under the act. The Division ordered the respondents TymGlobal, StormPay and John R. McConnell, Jr to cease and desist the conduct of a broker-dealer in the state of Tennessee until such time as it effectively registers with the Division. The order did not intend to prohibit lawful conduct of the respondents. For additional information concerning this order, please contact Daphne Smith, Assistant Commissioner for Securities, State of Tennessee, Department of Commerce and Insurance, Suite 680, 500 James Robertson Pky, Nashville, TN 37243. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Report as of February 4, 2006 Copyright© 2006 Better Business Bureau®, Inc. BBB reports may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes. The information in this report has either been provided by the company or has been compiled by the Bureau from other reliable sources. As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time. --------------------------------------------- I'm going to sleep now but will dig some more tomorrow. Your Security Friend in Las Vegas.
+0
HANS (DK)

137 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The BBB Report on StormPay
2/4/2006 1:29:58 AM
Thanks a lot Antony for your investigations. Great value for all of us. ;-)
Best Regards and Wishes HANS NIELSEN Your Scandinavian Friend
CLICK "Get more worldwide ACTIVE online friends/contacts ;-)"
+0
2/4/2006 2:41:58 AM
Well, well. Who's been the 'Ponzi" all along now? And they accused other companies of such. Ok, people. I'm closing my account now. Don't want any parts of this. Newest Release: Podcasting For Fun & Profit! FREE Niche Report Coming soon "Ads By The Squares" www.adsbythesquares.com Kenneth R Sword Jr Co-CEO - Bizzy Blogz http://www.bizzyblogz.com/krsword Copy this link to your RSS Reader: http://www.bizzyblogz.com/rss.php?u=krsword
+0
2/4/2006 3:00:19 AM
Hi Anthony, I received the e-mail from StormPay yesterday (02/03) and also read this BBB Report. There were two statements in their e-mail that caused me to submit the following to them via their claim center: ~~~~~~~ Your update included, in part, the following: >>Please note that StormPay's user agreement has always banned merchant accounts for these types of activities.<< Then why did you gladly take their money and ours in the first place? Not that I think I will get an answer from you. Please, if you feel you must, as the result of this question to you, freeze my account. You have made it quite clear to all of us that you have total power over our money - or any potential money. You will only get a whole big $0.64 from me because the merchant account that would have paid me $5,500 (or at least a refund) was frozen and then sanctioned preventing him from making any kind of payment or refund completely impossible. You didn't know these programs did not meet your TOS agreement when they first opened and you started processing money for them??? I don't think so. Also, is this a threat? >>Contacting your credit issuers or banks requesting chargebacks only compounds the problems for all involved, including the merchants and their customers, and delays returns of any funds. These actions could also be punishable by law.<< In other words, if we contact the State Attorney General's Office in TN, or we file a complaint with the Middle TN BBB, or we try to get our money back from our credit card, we could be punished "by law"? What law? Please state specifically. Ellyn George ~~~~~~~ What I find amazing is that they originally started out as a matrix, MLM, Ponzi kind of business and they, of all people, should have seen these programs as Ponzi's (if they really are) from the get-go. Certainly, it would have become apparent long before 330,000 people joined 12DP, don't you think? Yet, even though it has "always" been against their TOS, they certainly were glad to take the money, weren't they? I did get an auto-responder message saying they got my "claim". I highly doubt that I'll get an answer, but we'll see.
+0
2/4/2006 3:29:11 AM
Dear Anthony, I just updated my blog, referencing this and taking apart their email I received. I also add my own conjecture, and I hope I am not right. I too will be removing them from my website as soon as possible. As it is, I have been up since 8:30am yesterday morning, and except for two 1 hour breaks, have been reading emails and doing research on this whole mess. I think I am going to crash now. It sure has been an interesting day and week. Sincerely,
Shannon Bolin
http://www.myspace.com/shannontucker1
+0