Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Welcome Fellow Veteran
6/6/2015 5:56:28 AM
 This forum post is to connect and re-connect with fellow Veterans. I am interested in sharing information and experience in the Veterans Healthcare system, expanded under President Obama. Sharing your experience is also welcomed.
+0
RE: Welcome Fellow Veteran
6/11/2015 5:10:29 PM
This morning I received an unsolicited call from VAMC-Atlanta from number: 404-486-4900. I fired VAMC-Atlanta for my Primary medical Care, years ago for exposing me to HepC. I am enrolled in Veterans Healthcare at VAMC-Dublin, my home town. Veterans can be treated at any VA in the USA. I recently went to VAMC-Atlanta for help with a deteriorating 'root canal' ... over the years of constant pucking ... all dental restorations turned chalky and fell out ... I am also a teeth grinder when I am asleep [.. chewed up my last bite guard, years ago] ... any who, I have been treated twice at VAMC-Atl for the same tooth ... was given antibiotics) and did get relief from pain and swelling. ... The Fast Track physician entered a consult, recommending "extraction" ... I arrived at the new clinic and am impressed with new facility. It is in the building I attended three and a half years to earn my BSOP Degree. It is the old DeVry location. .... I spent a tad over 6 hours there, I did make it to the chair for examination and x-ray; however, their policy is not to administer dental work to Veterans who did no have a head injury. I was offered an opportunity to have the tooth extracted for $486.00 ... I offered a Humana Dental Card my husband initiated, earlier this year for the family but they do not take Dental Plans; I was then offered an INHOUSE dental program, with various payment options. I am in pain, so I agreed; however, I was not privy to sign up for any of those programs either. ... Bottom line, I still need a tooth extraction. ... I called the # listed above and it is a recording ... THE ATLANTA VAMC OPERATOR STILL DOES NOT ANSWER CALLS. It was like that when I formerly worked there. The recorded messages sound like good programs has been initiated; however, I suggest you actually visit the station to inquire about them. The Veterans HOMELESS program in Dublin needs help; however, it is a better program than the Atlanta-VAMC homeless program.
+0
6/14/2015 3:35:00 AM
VAMC-Dublin (Carl Vinson Medical Center) interviews via local Dublin tv station WDIG TV 35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=11&v=TB6Hq9kW14Q

+0
7/3/2015 3:35:26 PM
This prayer was shared by a fellow community member, Myrna ~~~ I can not thank her enough. ~~~ Ho'oponopono Meditation
+0
7/4/2015 1:47:55 AM
Another good site shared by Myrna ~~~ Ho oponopono is an ancient Hawaiian huna healing practice used to 'make right' or correct an error. Island peoples believed that illness was caused by errors, guilt, or anger. The cure was forgiveness. We make things right with our ancestors, other people, and the wrongs in our own life. ~~~ Healing with Ho'oponopono
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!