Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
FBI, L.A. police recover $10 million worth of stolen art
12/18/2014 10:50:48 AM

Nine paintings worth $10 million that were stolen in one of the 'largest art heists in Los Angeles history' are recovered as the thief tried to sell them

• Authorities have recovered $10 million worth of art — including paintings by Chagall and Diego Rivera — that were stolen in one of Los Angeles' largest art heists.

The FBI and Los Angeles recovered nine pieces of art at a West LA hotel in October, and a man was arrested, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The works, including Chagall's 'Les Paysans' and Diego Rivera's 'Mexican Peasant,' were among a dozen swiped from the Encino home of a wealthy real estate investor on the morning of Aug. 24, 2008, by a crook or crooks who entered through the unlocked kitchen door, police said.

Recovered art: Federal agents and police in Los Angeles have recovered nine paintings worth millions of dollars that were stolen from the home of an elderly couple six years ago, including works by Marc Chagall and Diego Rivera

Recovered art: Federal agents and police in Los Angeles have recovered nine paintings worth millions of dollars that were stolen from the home of an elderly couple six years ago, including works by Marc Chagall and Diego Rivera

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2878509/10-million-stolen-Los-Angeles-art-recovered.html#ixzz3MFGIHTTs

• "Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
    Michael Caron

2248 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 100 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    RE: FBI, L.A. police recover $10 million worth of stolen art
    12/18/2014 11:45:04 PM
    10_1_136.gifHi Miguel,
    These paintings may be worth millions, but I can't honestly say that I would want to own any of them. Here in the United States there is a program called "Antique Road Show." People bring in things that they had bought or found at bargain stores to find out if they are worth anything. I am amazed when people bring in sketches or paintings that were found in dumpsters or yard sales that are worth thousands of dollars.
    GOD BLESS YOU
    ~Mike~
    http://www.youtube.com/alienagenda
    newer pictures
    k1771140.jpg
    Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
    +1
    Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 25 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    12/19/2014 1:19:13 AM

I am afraid you are right, Mike; I wouldn't pay a cent myself for most of them. Unfortunately it is the name of an artist that mostly sells nowadays, irrespective of how good they are - and conversely, many works of great artists authentically good but unknown to the public may remain unsold for the most part. How different from the great masters of the past but even they, for all their great merit, had to get a protector's patronage to survive.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
    Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 25 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    12/19/2014 3:27:28 AM
    Miguel,

I am so glad to hear that you would pay anything for them either. It is like you said you pay for the name.
    Crazy.
    LOVE IS THE ANSWER
    +0
    Michael Caron

2248 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 100 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    12/19/2014 3:43:16 AM
    10_1_136.gifI agree.

Also, there are those that did good work, however not that many. Therefore, if you came across an artist that was known to have painted less then fifty paintings in his or her lifetime, and you had one of the few known paintings of the artist, that would cause the price to go up on that painting. These particular paintings look like the results of the artists involved being on a very bad trip as they were producing these works of non art. Perhaps they were visiting other planets at the time.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com/alienagenda

Maybe they were meeting someone

mqdefault.jpg
    Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
    +0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!