Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Interesting report on who's watching YOU!
1/29/2006 2:06:23 PM
Hello everyone. We all check our Adlandpro Daily report's, don't we? You know, the email we get daily, with this as the first part. Your Community Stats Hi Anthony Hobbs. Aka The Security Guy, This is your AdlandPro Community hits report: We track for you following pages Your Home Page http://community.adlandpro.com/go/248832/default.aspx Your Offers/Requests http://community.adlandpro.com/go/248832/iHaveWant.aspx Hits to your specific offers/requests Have you noticed how the 'Unknown Visitors' has been rising? I noticed today, when I checked yesterdays & todays reports one after the other. Here they are with the ALP members identity's blanked out. default.aspx Total Hits: 26 Visitor Hits s*********** 1 l******** 1 c****** 1 2***** 1 2***** 1 1***** 2 s********* 4 s************** 6 Unknown 9 Adlandpro daily visitor report 01/28/06 default aspx Total Hits. 244 Visitor Hits k**** 1 c******* 1 b***** 1 2***** 1 2***** 1 Unknown 239 Adlandpro visitor report 01/29/06 Now it may be a coincedence, or it may be because I'm popular (Joke) but when I post a few forum posts, on Security, Scam's etc, I get this jump in figures in the 'Unknown' coloumn. Of course, it may be that my advert's take a big hit on some days but I'm not sure. What do you guy's think?
+0
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Interesting report on who's watching YOU!
1/29/2006 2:22:09 PM
Anthony, I can see that there are a lot of views in particular forum posts with a considerably lower number of replies. Those who don't reply are the silent visitors. Many times they will see your thread and simply be curious about you. If they do not log in as a member, the hit on your page will show as "unknown". I do not believe that we can make an assumption that a particular group is watching us. However, it could be grounds to wonder if "Big Brother" is keeping tabs on us. There are a lot of reasons why we have more hits one day than the next. With the history of terrorism that this country has experienced, I don't think it is beyond any federal agency to check on us from time to time. JMHO Thanks, Leon
+0
1/29/2006 3:06:04 PM
Hi Leon, I know what you mean about forum posts i.e; total views to posted replies. However, the Adlandpro community report we get daily (if you have requested it) shows the number of members & 'unknowns' that have actualy looked at your profile page, your Adlandpro 'home' page, or any adverts you may have in the Adlandpro advertising sections. If for instance, you have just paid for advertising, then you expect a lot of visitors to your adverts who are 'unknowns' as a lot of people surf the adverts who are not members. In the same context, non-members can access our community pages, look at the forums & go to any members profile. As my advertising credits are very low, I do not think that the 'unknowns' in my visitor stats have been looking at my advertising. Like I said earlier, it just makes you wonder sometimes, when you have had an active day posting to other people's forum's, or to your own. How it is that the number of unknown visitors recorded is so large. I do also agree, that after certain events world-wide, that Govt Agency's may well be watching all forums, 'just in case'. Your Security Friend in Las Vegas.
+0
1/29/2006 3:07:20 PM
I always wondered about the "Unknown" also, but was under the impression it was guests who are not members.
+0
Doug Woodall

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/29/2006 3:13:31 PM
Hi Anthony, Im guilty of the same thing alot of the time, If I get a email to join a forum, I'll just hit the link and check it out. My IP wont show up here if I do that. And alot more people are surfing anonymously now. What's called stealth surfing. Most of the time though, you can track em. Alot of em think they are hidden, but they are not. And of course the Govt has been keywording the net since 1997. Are there are a few really good people that can find just about anybody. take care,
Doug Woodall SpywareBiz,,,We take the Spy out of Spyware! http://www.spywarebiz.com Providing Free Information and Recommended Products to Combat Spyware.
+0