Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: GENIUS RECLAIMED: WILLIAM-ADOLPHE BOUGUEREAU
11/3/2014 1:28:27 AM
Quote:
He is a very, very good artist!

I totally agree with you, Joyce.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2014 1:46:55 AM

Completing this personal trio of beautiful masterpieces appeared in 1880 (among many others, that is), here is one of the best favorites by that genius of painting that Bouguereau was.

William Bouguereau - Tentation
(oil on vanvas, 1880)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2014 5:21:01 PM
I think you have found my favorite of the series.
This makes me so nostalgic bringing fond memories of having loving conversations with my daughter before she could know what I was saying or I her.
Talking about hopes and dreams of who she would grow up to become.
Those days go by so fast.
I must add that she did not disappoint so maybe she did understand:)

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/5/2014 1:50:44 AM

I love those remembrances of yours, particularly the way you tell it, Joyce.

In my case, home was only rarely a happy place for us; however, I remember seeing one or two reproductions of charming paintings by important artists, pretty similar to the one posted, on the walls.

I don't remember exactly when I saw my first Bouguereaus - for the most part of the mother -and child sort, little sisters, and the like. Then came the nude works, truly artistic in fact, but that was much later. And finally his Virgin and Child (s) and his other religious paintings - so beautiful all of them but especially his Virgins.

+1
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/5/2014 2:16:43 AM
Thank you Miguel, I do have a few really good memories that began after I became a mom but only lasted for a little while.
My own childhood was strange to put it mildly but I was not aware of this until my kids started to grow up and I realized I had no idea how to create a "normal" childhood for them. At that point I "gave" them to their dad to bring them to a healthy adulthood.
I only came to understand what had happened in the last few years. The mind is amazing the way it can hide information you don't need to deal with.
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!