Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Music Talent Showcase
8/3/2014 6:15:25 PM
10_1_136.gifHi all,
I won't make this too long because I just noticed that I have more posts on here than I do views. I believe in honesty, I believe in doing what's right, and I believe in myself. I also believe that we have found the right hall for our event, which will be either the end of October or the beginning of November.saharagrotto.jpgIt is suppose to seat 300. I'm not sure if that is with tables or just chairs. I will get all the details next Wednesday. The hall is located on Madison Avenue between Stop 10 and Stop 11. Are there any members of AdlandPro Community that come from the Indianapolis area that would be willing to help us?
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
http://www.countryvalues65.com
Wespaceshipmoon.jpg
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
8/3/2014 7:00:50 PM
Quote:
I Love that song by Willie Nelson :-)
singing now

10_1_136.gifHi All,

Well, if you want to believe in others, you first have to believe in yourself. Over the past ten years, Shirley and I have devoted our time and money to help talented song artists make it in the music world. Most of our clients did just that, to varying degrees. We, however, kept putting out our money and not getting anything in return. Shirley and I put together four Talent Showcases in the past, video taped the performances, and sent the finished product to an Independent Record Label in Nashville, Tennessee. As the results of our efforts, many of the performers forged forward in their careers. We sometimes got a pat on the backs for our efforts. Once our talent was reviewed, those chosen were nominated for awards in Nashville at a taping of the E.I.A. Awards show that was taped twice a year. By attending a taping of the E.I.A. award show you had to pay a pre determined fee. Shirley and I had to pay the same fee as the clients that we brought with us. On our next venture, we taped the performances, I spent a lot of hours editing half hour shows and managed to get them on the air on a local cable channels. Not much about us was mentioned on these shows, however a lot was mentioned about the record label. Therefore, if anyone was listening and wanted to get their talent recognized, all they had to do was contact the record label direct. We had one client whose band's name was Robins & Wheeler. Five weeks after they signed with us, they were nominated and invited to attend a taping of the show. Within two weeks after the taping, Delton Robins was informed that they had won first place for their performance and had won a $1,500.00 Recording Contract. We were not informed. Robins & Wheeler had a song called "Ghost of James Dean" that was number one on the country charts for six weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVxcRlXb-Mw

Basically speaking, for ten years, we did all the work and took none of the credit.

In 2009, Shirley and I made our last trip to Nashville. During that weekend I realized for a fact that we were not being treated fairly. In this next video, Shirley is singing. Behind her, you can hear two voices. One was Sherri Lynn who was one of our newer clients. The other was Cliff Ayres, owner of the Record Label.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bwhrCO8K-E

This rudeness devastated me, bit also made me realize that we were being used from the very beginning.

I did not do anything for quite awhile to promote deserving artists because I felt that they were not that deserving. However, I began to realize that it was I who was not reading the writing on the wall. I don't have to promote clients to a record label that doesn't play fair. I have already proven that I can set up Talent Showcases and I can still promote my clients to record labels. Ours will not be available for awhile because it cost quite a bit. However, my plan is to put together at least one Music Talent Showcase by the end of the summer of 2014. The first one will be in the Indianapolis area and depending on the degree of success we will try to have at least two per year. I will be looking for record labels and radio stations in the Indianapolis area that would be interested in being on our panel of judges. I will also be looking for people in our area that would be willing to help us get this project going. On our first showcase we will be looking for people to help with sound, location, announcing, ect. We will also limit the first showcase to Singer/Songwriters only so that we can introduce new music to the public. The showcase itself will not be limited to local performers, as we will also accept mail in entries. The judges will view these performers in a separate room and include them in their final judging. At each Showcase, we will have special performers to begin each show. At the 2009 taping in Nashville, one of our clients named Chuck Kesilman struck us as someone who was going places. He has. Since the taping, he contacted me several times to let me know how he was doing. He is well on his way. Chuck sings in the style of the Beatles and at one time was sited as being the World's Greatest 12 string Beatles Guitarist by Julian Lennon, son of the late John Lennon of Beatles Fame.

chuck3.jpgRecently, Chuck headlined his own show in Shreveport, La and the same week his first album was released in the U.S.

Ad.JPGThere were times that he felt that things were going too slow, plus he was putting out a lot of money without getting results. I advised him to change directions and he took my advice. Now, he is well on his way.

Lastly, I will be looking for musically inclined people to introduce acts. I would prefer a nice looking woman because if she is nice to look at, people will listen. If she has a wardrobe malfunction others will take notice as well. So, let me know what you think and if you are interested in being a part of this in any way. I turn 72 tomorrow and I decided not to give up. I'm too young for that.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://country-values-socia.yooco.org

smogmeinichols3.jpg

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/3/2014 10:44:44 PM
10_1_136.gifThank you Christina,

I appreciate you stopping by. I have liked a lot of Willie Nelson's songs, whether he has performed them of someone else has performed them. I es devastated, however, with the Rudeness that our client and Shirley's producer were showing while she was singing. She had just recently gotten over a very bad Grand Mall seizure and was told to get over it and sing your song.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~

P.S. Please forgive me for not getting into Retro lately, I have been so busy. However, did you notice what is on the ceiling of the hall that we will be looking at?

smogmeinichols3.jpg

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/15/2014 5:38:22 PM
10_1_136.gifHello once again,
Well, I have been working on getting this event put together for about two months now, and have gotten no local support whatever so far. Shirley is still not feeling that well, so there is not much that she can do at this point to lend a hand. I did look at the hall and I like it. However it is going to cost $500.00 for the day, plus $250.00 deposit. Plus, the main reason for us to hold the event to begin with was to introduce our former client from Shreveport, Louisiana who is starting to make it big. However, although he had promised to send us some money from his royalties (which was an agreement in the contract that he signed with us to begin with) he has received a total of four royalty checks, one in the amount of $28,000.00 and has not sent us a penny. He said that he had bills to pay, but we would get some money from his next royalty check for sure. When I first told him about this event, he said that he would be here for sure. Now, he is saying that he can come if I pay his round trip air fare, car rental, lodging and meals. Therefore, we have decided to change the format of the event entirely, and I would much rather raise money for a worthy cause than support someone who has no intention of paying back what he owes. I am not sure how much time I have to submit the deposit to hold it, but here are the details as they stand right now.
November 15,2014
at
The Sahara Grotto
located at
7620 Madison Avenue Indianapolis, Indiana
from
12noon until 5:00pm
Tickets will be $12.00 each, meal included
Entertainment will be provided by M&S Public Relations
There will be Raffles, Door Prizes, and Entertainment
throughout the day. We are also thinking of having a
50/50 drawing. A cash bar will also be included. this
will be the first installment of our commitment to
raise much needed money for Epilepsy Research.
I have placed a PayPal Donation button on my website at http://www.countryvalues65.com for anyone who would like to help out with this project. I would also like to ask at this time for members of our community that know of other members that live in Indianapolis that would like to help us make this event possible. I would like to gather with like minded people that have more knowledge in fund raising than I do, so please, please, pass the word. If we can get a hall similar to this one donated, it would be a big help. I want to have at least three events per year and would much rather have them all at the same location. The Hall comes with a Disco Ball that we will not utilize as if there are any people in the hall that suffer with Epilepsy, the revolving ball could trigger a reaction.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
meandyou11.jpg
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/16/2014 12:16:05 AM
smogmeinichols3.jpg 10_1_136.gifI have no complaints about the hall, and I haven't really checked out prices, however I do know that when we have had showcases in the past, they have been in nightclubs that served alchohol and food. As long as we did not serve our own food or booze we only paid 10% of whatever we took in. In this case, we are paying a lot more and we have to supply our own food.
saharagrotto.jpgThis Hall has mostly round tables and some ten foot tables. It seats about 200 people, to the left of the stage is a dressing room and to the right is a storage room with double doors leading to the outside. This is where bands would bring in their equipment. There is a sound system with four mics and colored lights on stage facing the stage. On the back wall of the stage there is a white backdrop and that is used for special effects or videos. Above the lights is a relay system mounted with a remote control switch to transfer images from your computer to the screen. I have no problem with any of this except how to pay for it, or the added expense of paying someone to control the sound system. All of this is way over my head, so if anyone has any suggestions on how I can get this done, please let me know. Quitting is not an answer.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~

P.S. When this is all over, and we are able to make enough on our part for me to buy a cheap Mini Van, I will begin setting up at Flea Markets two to three days a week to prepare for the next event. I never made a lot of money at Flea Markets but I never went home broke either. I wonder if I can get anyone to help me????

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!