Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Winter Comfort Foods
2/16/2014 9:23:51 AM

Hello My Dear Friends,

Might as well make my return with an all-time Family favorites.

Vegetable Pot Pies with Sweet Potato Biscuits

• 1 pound(s) parsnips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1 pound(s) Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
  • 1/2 pound(s) pearl onions, peeled and halved (see Tips & Techniques)
  • 1 medium (1 1/2 pounds) head of cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
  • 1 large (1 1/2 pounds) celery root , peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
  • 20 sage leaves
  • 1 teaspoon(s) chopped sage
  • 6 sprig(s) thyme
  • 1 teaspoon(s) chopped thyme
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 2 1/2cup(s) milk
  • 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped yellow onion
  • 5 sprig(s) flat-leaf parsley
  • 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
  • Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
  • Unbaked Sweet Potato Biscuits
  • 1 large egg, beaten

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large roasting pan, toss the parsnips, Brussels sprouts, pearl onions, cauliflower, and celery root with the olive oil. Add 6 of the sage leaves and 4 of the thyme sprigs and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned in spots. Discard the sage leaves and thyme sprigs. Lower the oven temperature to 375°.
  2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the milk with the chopped onion, parsley, 6 of the sage leaves and the remaining 2 thyme sprigs, and bring to a simmer. Cover and let stand off the heat for 15 minutes. Strain the milk; rinse out the saucepan.
  3. Melt the butter in the saucepan. Add the flour and cook over moderate heat, whisking, until golden, about 2 minutes. Add the strained milk to the saucepan, reduce the heat to low, and whisk occasionally until very thick, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the chopped sage and thyme and the heavy cream and season with the nutmeg and salt and pepper. Fold the sauce into the roasted vegetables.
  4. Spoon the vegetable mixture into eight large, 4-inch-wide ramekins and top with the unbaked Sweet Potato Biscuits. Brush the tops of the biscuits with the beaten egg and press the 8 remaining sage leaves onto the biscuits. Bake the potpies in the center of the oven for about 15 minutes until the biscuits are golden and risen and the filling is bubbling. Let the potpies cool slightly, then serve. Serves 8

Have A Delightful Sunday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!