Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
How to make Your own Christmas tree
12/5/2013 2:24:04 AM

Create your own ( mini) Christmas tree

Many years ago I used to make mini Christmas trees made from metal coat hangers and would give them as gifts to those people who needed to be cheered up, usually seniors or kids who needed to feel special. They really are easy to do and a great way to share with your family and a great way to cheer a person up.
I found the instructions on how to make these wonderful gifts and thought I would share with you.

Coat hanger Christmas trees are a fun little craft for anyone in the family and they also make nice little decorations for home or office.

Materials:
6 Wire coat hangers
Twist ties
1 50-bulb strand of lights
2-4 thick tinsel garlands
Several tiny ornaments

Pair up the hangers and connect one corner of each together with a twist tie. Take 2 of the pairs and place them next to each other with the tied sides together and the hooks together, sort of like butterfly wings with open/unattached sides out. Use twist ties to connect the “connected” corners and the hook sides, being sure to attach above the hooks.

443Attach the third pair of coat hangers in a similar fashion so it makes a sort of tripod. But leave the hooks on this pair a little bit lower than the other two. Twist the hooks so they form their own tripod, branching out from the center of the longer “legs”.

444Pull the hooks apart from each other and secure them to the next closest hanger with twist ties, bending the hanger part up and in a bit. The metal hangers may need a lot of bending to get them to cooperate. This will leave you with six branches now rather than a tripod.

Grab your light strand and place the first light where a tree topper would go and secure it with twist ties. Run the “empty” length of cord down the center, securing it as you go and leaving the additional cord and plug dangling.

Wrap the rest of the lights around the outer edges of the hangers and secure them in place with twist ties.

448Wrap the garland around the center stem and secure in place, then wrap it from the top to the bottom running it around and around keeping things very tight and lush. Decorate with ornaments and voila!

source: Holiday Central

If you find visual works better for you here is a Youtube video to show you how to make this very cool Christmas craft

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!