Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
It isn't where you came from...
11/16/2013 3:34:29 PM
"It isn't where you came from; it's where you're going that counts."
-- Ella Fitzgerald, jazz singer
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+1
Lawrence Bergfeld

381 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: It isn't where you came from...
11/16/2013 3:43:39 PM
The bottom line is that it does not matter where you have come from. It is silly for people to live in the past because it obviously does not come back. The only thing that matters in life is if you learn from your past by adjusting and learning from your mistakes so that you should never have to repeat it again. That is failing forward. NOT failing backwards.

Lawrence Bergfeld
PS: Be A Mentor With A Servants Heart Lawrence Bergfeld 917-399-6207 lawrencebergfeld@gmail.com
+1
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/16/2013 4:07:43 PM
Quote:
The bottom line is that it does not matter where you have come from. It is silly for people to live in the past because it obviously does not come back. The only thing that matters in life is if you learn from your past by adjusting and learning from your mistakes so that you should never have to repeat it again. That is failing forward. NOT failing backwards.

Lawrence Bergfeld

Hi Lawrence,

It is great thing to realize it. It takes some time to realize it and some people never realize it. You can live in the past in the future or in now. The problem is that living in the future is not much differnt than living in the past although the first might feel much more promising. You don't need to see much ahead, just enough so you can take couple of steps. Living in the now is what is most fulfilling as it is something which you are creating or are part of at this very moment. You just need to see that what you are creating is what makes you happy. If not adjust it and keep going.

Having goal is very important. Having too rigid goal is not good as at the time when you are planning the goal you might not understand what future will hold when you get there. It might happen that by the time you get there you realize that this is not what you were after. Have goals but be flexible so they can be adjusted as you go.

Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/17/2013 7:34:03 PM

Bogdan, Wise words indeed.

I have seen people fail and give up because they did not reach their goals. It is so sad and a waste.

Goals must be reasonable and achievable but also flexible.

I have a few goals that I renew and adjust regularly. These goals aren't yet reached but I am so much further along the road than if I had never left home.

G o

O n

A nd

L ist

S omething

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!