Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Lord Prop Us Up
11/10/2013 6:32:57 PM

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

My Fellow Believers,

The winds of adversity blow viscously in our lives at times turning everything upside down. At other times the storm may not rage so violently, but there is still a steady weathering that occurs with day-to-day frustrations, heartaches, and difficulties. Both take their toll on us, and we need a measure of extra strength. The little story below reminds us where we can find that.

“Every time I am asked to pray, I think of the old fellow who always prayed, ‘Lord, prop us up on our leaning side.’ After hearing him pray that prayer many times, someone asked him why he prayed that prayer so fervently.

“He answered, ‘Well sir, you see, it’s like this . . . I got an old barn out back. It’s been there a long time. It’s withstood a lot of weather, it’s gone through a lot of storms, and it’s stood for many years. It’s still standing. But one day I noticed it was leaning to one side a bit. So I went and got some pine poles and propped it up on its leaning side so it wouldn’t fall.

“Then I got to thinking about how much I was like that old barn. I’ve been around a long time. I’ve withstood a lot of life’s storms, and I’ve withstood a lot of bad weather in life, I’ve withstood a lot of hard times, and I’m still standing, too. But I find myself leaning to one side from time to time, so I like to ask the Lord to prop me up on my leaning side.

“I figure a lot of us get to leaning at times. Sometimes we get to leaning toward anger, leaning toward bitterness, leaning toward hatred, leaning toward cussing, leaning toward a lot of things that we shouldn’t. So we need to pray, ‘Lord, prop us up on our leaning side, so we will stand straight and tall again to glorify You.”’

We need You, Lord, to give us the strength to stand whenever we get out of balance. In those times, “Lord, prop us up on our leaning side.”

(Original author of this story unknown)

Wishing You A Blessed Sunday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Lord Prop Us Up
11/11/2013 8:15:45 PM

With news currently arriving from The Phillipines I pray that God Props Up, BIG TIME.

My prayers are with these poor people who are left with nothing.

Roger

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Lord Prop Us Up
11/11/2013 10:16:45 PM

Thank You Roger,

I appreciate you for stopping by and I think that we all join with you in prayer for these unfotunate people. May He shelter them in his arms.

In His Loving Care,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!