Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The wonderful world of the Self Portrait
10/14/2013 9:40:14 PM

This artist is indeed extraordinary, Roger. His "mischievious" character makes him and his paintings certainly unforgettable. All of them are great in a natural, unaffected style.

Thanks for sharing,

Miguel

Quote:

I am pleased that we all agreed on Seybold's works.

This is my favourite Carl Larsson Self portrait.

There are however several more.

CARL LARSSON . 1853 - 1919

A mischievious artist famous for his folk art paintings.

His paintings of Swedish culture are popular worldwide.

Here are some more examples of his self portraits.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2013 9:51:48 PM

This one artist is also outstanding, Roger; one gets the impression that together with ability, she posessed an intense personality. The self portrait in the middle seems to be closer to reality than the bottom one (a gouache?), in which she would seem to have tried to mask her bulging lips. However, both are equally good in their differing styles.

Quote:

A photo of feminist Marie Laurencin (1883 - 1924)

Stage designer, artist and illustrator. She developed a style which used soft blues, pink and grey with black eyes. She was sought after by society members after her return to Paris from Spain where she spent several years developing her style. Strange but effectively memorable.

self portrait

I love the simple palette in this self portait

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/17/2013 8:54:15 AM

You are right Miguel. Interesting lady.

WELL, HERE WE GO.

There are a few artists who painted many self portraits and one of these is Vincent Van Gogh.

Vincent Van Gogh

Vincent Willem van Gogh was a post-Impressionist painter of Dutch origin whose work, notable for its rough beauty, emotional honesty and bold color, had a far-reaching influence on 20th-century art.

Born: March 30, 1853

Died: July 29, 1890

Vincent's self portraits (not nescessarily in correct order).

Beware: Some of his portaits are thought to be of his brother and not himself.

There are many more wonderful self portraits and lots of very good style copies.

A true master. His style, whilst being widely copied has never really been bettered.

I suggest you take a look at Google Images.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/17/2013 9:06:32 AM

No Prize, but can anyone name the artist and say how much Damian Hirst paid for this self portrait?

? and how much was paid?

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/19/2013 5:47:07 PM
Sir Roger (I love your comments Myrna about that-I do remember when Branka started doing that)

I so appreciate your presentation of female artists here, I don't think I was aware of any of these ladies before.
You and Luis have drawn me into looking at the works on a much deeper level than I would have ever done without you two.
+0