Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
THE BEST potato soup recipe ever!
8/23/2013 4:52:49 AM
Potato soup

Ingredients:
2 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, sliced into small bite sized pieces
1/2 regular package uncooked bacon, finely diced
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 bunch celery, diced
8 cups milk
4 cups water
4 chicken bouillon cubes (use a cup of the hot potato water to dissolve, then use the cup of hot water in place of one of the above cups of water)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup salted butter
3/4 cup flour
1/4 bunch freshly chopped parsley
1 cup whipping cream
***For garnish:***
Shredded cheese
fried bacon bits
chopped green onions

Directions:
In large pot, boil potatoes in water 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. In sauté pan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon fat and place on paper towel over plate to drain more. Add onion and celery to bacon pan over medium-high heat until celery is tender, about 5 minutes. To the large potato pan, add milk, water, bullion, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture is very hot, about 8 minutes, stirring often. Do not let mixture boil. In small, heavy saucepan melt butter. Add flour and mix well. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture bubbles, stirring 2 to 3 minutes to make a roux. While constantly stirring soup, add roux slowly until soup is thick and creamy, about 4 minutes. Stir in parsley, reserved potatoes, and cream. Garnish with cheese, bacon bits, onions or all three. Serve hot!

source: Facebook
+0
Luella May

2930 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
RE: THE BEST potato soup recipe ever!
8/23/2013 3:06:08 PM
This looks like a great recipe for those cool fall nights coming up.
Nerium AD, breakthrough in skin care http://www.nerium.com/default.aspx?ID=luellamay The Best Years in Life, a website for those who want to live healthy and happy lives http://www.tbyil.com
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/23/2013 3:27:11 PM
Quote:
This looks like a great recipe for those cool fall nights coming up.

Hi Luella... just so everyone is aware, I am using this forum for recipes that I find and want to keep lol

I love potatoes and I love potato soup and yes I agree that this will be a great part of a meal for the fall. Adding a green salad and a good hearty bread with a fruit plate and yogurt as a desert will make it one heck of a good meal, that is good for anyone on a budget ( a key ingredient these days for families who are needing to watch how they spend.

Thanks for the feedback and hope you have an awesome day

+1
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/23/2016 9:13:31 PM
my mom made the best potato soup. she didn't use bacon though. i don't know how she made it .... she died when i was 13 and i don't remember how she made it.

thanks for posting your recipe diane.

pat
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!