Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Quotations on Prejudice
7/23/2013 5:51:40 AM

Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future and renders the present inaccessible.
~Maya Angelou

The greatest friend of truth is Time, her greatest enemy is Prejudice, and her constant companion is Humility.
~Charles Caleb Colton

I came from a lot of intolerance and prejudice, which aren't necessarily healthy to evolve as a human.
~Katy Perry

We all decry prejudice, yet are all prejudiced.
~Herbert Spencer

If we were to wake up some morning and find that everyone was the same race, creed and color, we would find some other causes for prejudice by noon.
~George Aiken

Maybe it is time to bring out our emphatic civilization?

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Quotations on Prejudice
7/23/2013 7:35:10 AM

The quote would be my own.

Our prejudice is born from our restricted experiences, we need to enlarge our understanding.

+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/23/2013 12:24:52 PM
Hi Roger, ya I sure can understand what you are saying and I agree..thanks for coming in
Diane
+1
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/23/2013 6:08:24 PM
Hi Diane,

I believe I know where you got the idea for this forum :)
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+2
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/23/2013 6:28:38 PM
Quote:
Hi Diane,

I believe I know where you got the idea for this forum :)

lol is this where I am supposed to say "moi"? I guess I read and talk to so many people who are so incredibly focused on their "prejudices" whether it be work ( been reading a lot about the feelings people have when it comes to certain kinds of jobs) or life and then I see the children who are prejudiced against people who are different or come from a different culture or have a different accent or or or.... I wonder when we will stop for a moment and realize that "prejudice" is stopping us from so many things.
At one time in my life I thought that we were a lot more enlightened ( if that word can be used) and I honestly hoped that with the advent of communications via this wonderful technology of the net, that people would see and finally understand that while there are differences, inside we all have our thoughts and families and and and....

The reality at least to me is that instead of people seeing the glory of life and differences..we seem to becoming more polarized in our thoughts and more separate in our views and I wonder if anything will ever really change?

I know for myself, I carry within myself many prejudices and while I can make claim that they are valid, I sometimes wonder!

Should there be times when it is O.K to be prejudiced on certain topics such as murder, hate and other terrible happenings? the answer is a resounding yes, but far too often this is not the case..it is just people who for whatever reason have taken a dislike to something and usually for all the wrong reasons.

Am I right or wrong...who knows..this is just me talking and how I feel.
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!