Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
* The week's best photojournalism *
6/23/2013 1:28:22 AM
The Week

The week's best photojournalism

By Lauren Hansen | The WeekFri, Jun 21, 2013

In some of the week's most captivating images, drenched dogs leap, prisoners exercise en masse, and
South African children pray for Nelson Mandela

Children frolic in the wild surf of the Black Sea near Beregove, Ukraine. (REUTERS/Gleb Garanich)

A woman tries to shield herself from a water cannon during protests in Ankara, Turkey. (REUTERS/Dado Ruvic)

If it wasn't clear from their chilly dispositions, President Obama and Vladimir Putin did not have the most successful of bilateral meetings during the G8 summit in Northern Ireland. Let's just say the world leaders agreed to disagree on the question of intervening in Syria. (REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque)

Miss America co-host Giuliana Rancic looks as impressed as the rest of America regarding Miss Utah's rambling, incoherent non-answer during the questions portion of the pageant. But hey, the glittery contest wasn't a total loss. Miss Utah still came away with third place. Watch her spectacular flub here. (REUTERS/Steve Marcus)

White Swiss Shepherd dogs jump into the water during the dog diving competition of the international pedigree dog and purebred cat exhibit in Erfurt, Germany. (AP Photo/Jens Meyer)

Women wipe away tears at the Lidice Memorial on the 71st anniversary of the destruction of a Czech village by German forces during World War II. (REUTERS/David W Cerny)

Inmates workout at the Lurigancho prison in Lima, Peru, in an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for largest group exercise undertaken in a prison. (REUTERS/Enrique Castro-Mendivil)

Children play soccer with their father at Mucuripe beach in Fortaleza, Brazil. (AP Photo/Andre Penner)

A couple tries to hold on to an umbrella during the start of the annual monsoon season in Mumbai, India. (REUTERS/Danish Siddiqui)

A woman adjusts her not-too-shabby hat as she arrives for Ladies' Day at the Royal Ascot horse racing festival in southern England. (REUTERS/Darren Staples)

Johannesburg school children pray for the health and well being of former South African President Nelson Mandela, who remains hospitalized due to a lung infection. (AP Photo/Jerome Delay)

View this article on TheWeek.com Get 4 Free Issues of The Week

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: * The week's best photojournalism *
6/23/2013 2:52:50 AM

10_1_136.gifHi Miguel,

Great photos. Imagine the woman with the hat sitting in front of you in a movie theatre? Or standing directly in front of you at the Horse races while you are trying to find out where your horse is at on the track? There are some trends that are quite ridiculous.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

smogmeinichols3.jpgAt least this is real, right?

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/23/2013 8:18:19 AM

Miguel,

Great photos.

I have enjoyed looking at these very much.

Roger

+1
Bob
Bob Shoaf

202 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/23/2013 11:59:22 AM
Amazing how a good photographer can capture the moment.

Thanks for sharing,

Bob Shoaf
I teach Network Marketers how to Brand themselves, generate Leads, build Relationships and Grow Themselves & Their Teams! www.Bob55.com All for Free in your company! Bob Shoaf (575) 415-8671 Cell Anytime A Mentor with a Servants Heart
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/23/2013 4:43:33 PM
Quote:

10_1_136.gifHi Miguel,

Great photos. Imagine the woman with the hat sitting in front of you in a movie theatre? Or standing directly in front of you at the Horse races while you are trying to find out where your horse is at on the track? There are some trends that are quite ridiculous.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

smogmeinichols3.jpgAt least this is real, right?

Thanks for showing up, Mike. About the hat, I understand they are a separate show at the races, where eccentricity is the norm; but this one in the picture... really!!

Thanks again,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!