Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Incredible Abandoned Travel Scenes
5/24/2013 12:41:08 AM

Incredible Abandoned Travel Scenes

Photographer Dietmar Eckell has traveled the globe shooting amazing abandoned scenes, chronicling abandoned homes, plane crashes and stranded ships. View more of his photography at dietmareckell.com and help fund his new photobook, “Happy End.”

In "Happy End," Eckell chronicles aviation miracles: Crashes where everyone on board survived.

Eckell traveled across the world - including to the West Sahara, pictured here - chronicling
downed planes.

Air defense systems in the United Kingdom.

Debris in the hills of Romania. In his journeys, Eckell has traveled from Australia to Iceland,
using planes and motorcycles to access remote areas.

A faux igloo in the United States.

A castle in the United Kingdom.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Incredible Abandoned Travel Scenes
5/24/2013 8:58:36 AM
Fascinating images. So many have a really interesting story.
+1
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/24/2013 4:23:12 PM
Luis these are indeed fascinating photos.
They evoke contrasting emotions of wonder at man's creative ability and imagination and also the sadness of waste.
So much of our resources that go into the building of structures while so little in contrast go into the building of character and lives of the people who live outside of these magnificent icons.

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/25/2013 1:05:15 AM

Roger and Joyce, thank you so much for contributing to this topic.

Dear Joyce, you have pointed at the real problem, namely the waste that those buildings and structures represent - with all that it implies. Also, how admirable that these photos can express with their nostalgic appearance such a feeling of sadness as you mention.

Thanks again,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/25/2013 10:13:24 AM

On the very northernmost coast of Taiwan lies the spookily bizarre San Zhi resort, which consists entirely of circular, multi-coloured pods stacked on top of one another. Furthermore, these strange habitats have been completely abandoned for a number of years, and are slowly rotting away into nothing.

Abandoned train station, Detroit

Because of Copyright I can't bring the next pictures but you can follow the link

HERE

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2081081/Site-thats-abandoned-World-War-II-gets-visitors-year.html

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!