Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
addtion to my story.
5/19/2013 9:49:01 PM
After my daughters wedding my son announced his wedding was going to be in October and wanted to know if I could make center pieces, guest gifts,flower girl basket, and the wedding veil. I started making sunflowers for their wedding. A friend suggest I start making to sell. so I posted on my facebook and pinterest for everyone to see. I use to make quilts for family and crochet now I do other thing. I have made a friend a wedding album and I have made my children baby books for their children. Now I make to sell upon request.
+1
David Rowland

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: addtion to my story.
5/19/2013 10:09:08 PM
Glad to see that you've got a forum going now Brandy.

Now, I'm going to make some suggestions for selling your creations online.

There are several websites where you can sell your crafts online, but my 3 favorites are:

www.etsy.com etsy costs 20 cents per listing and the listings last 3 or 4 months then you have to re-list them.

www.handmadeartists.com Handmade artists costs $5.00 per month with unlimited listings. However, they are not as big as etsy, or the next one on the list.

www.artfire.com This is my favorite selling venue. It costs $12.95 monthly, but, it is also tied into google shopping, and amazon shopping, so you have a lot more people looking at your products.

Now, you do have to do some work to let people know your website, etc.... but in the long run it is worth it. Just make sure that you are prepared for the work involved and that it is something you want to do.

At a minimum, you want at least 60 products in your shop before you start advertising it. Any questions give me a holler.

Dave
Daves Wire Creations --- Handcrafted wire wrap jewelry http://www.DavesWireCreations.artfire.com
+2
5/19/2013 11:01:21 PM
Thanks Dave,

But my crafts are made to order. Most of the things I make are one of a kind. People just email me or text and they let me know what, how many and color and when they want the product.

Thank you for your advice.
Brandy
+1
David Rowland

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/19/2013 11:03:25 PM
Hi Brandy,

That's easy enough, make about 15 to 20 different items, and in the descriptions you state that you make custom orders, etc..... and your contact info.

But only if you want to go that route. It's not for everyone. :)

Dave
Daves Wire Creations --- Handcrafted wire wrap jewelry http://www.DavesWireCreations.artfire.com
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!