Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Google is NOT your friend!
5/14/2013 2:19:08 PM
I figured I’d start this off with a bang.

If you are an affiliate marketer, Google is most definitely *not* your friend. In fact they are your enemy.

Tough talk, I know but let me explain. You see the “G” is an affiliate marketer. They are in the business of marketing other people’s products for profit. In many cases they have established agreements with vendors already. Agreements that make “G” the exclusive affiliate for the product. And they continue to pursue more agreements.

Now put yourself in “G’s” shoes. If you could seriously hinder, restrict or outright eliminate your competition, wouldn’t you?

Well they are. You can read almost daily about people being kicked out of adwords, adsense, losing rankings, etc ad infinitum. There is a reason for this. Since they are the 800lb gorilla, they are getting rid of the smaller competition.

Just consider how much time and effort is spent on so-called “SEO”, only to have all of that work evaporate with the next “Penguin”, “Panda” or “Platypus” update. And sadly, tens of thousands of AM’s return to the grindstone and repeat the process trying to “please” the “G” so that they can rank high enough to get that “free” traffic and make some money.

I’ve found much better success since I abandoned trying to please the “G” and simply started buying “traffic”.

I’ll go a little more into detail on this in another post, but I wanted to get something up quickly to whet your appetites for what this forum is for.

David Weed President,
+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Google is NOT your friend!
5/14/2013 2:34:28 PM
Hi David,

I agree with your point of view. Google eliminates from the game anyone who is in any kind of competition with them. Since they increase their product base, they becoming competitor to more markets and thus not interested in promoting what they consider their competition. Classifieds are one of them. For example they are penalizing this site for links of low quality, because affiliate are linking to it. I would not have problem if they just simply would not consider such links, but being penalized for what is result of years of building of affiliate base is way beyond my understanding. If there were no affiliates, site like this could only relay on paid traffic from sites like Google, meaning bringing more cash to Google, less to marketers.

The question is what do you do about it.
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/14/2013 3:03:01 PM

First off, if you are in competition with the big boys and trying to out rank well known businesses and other Websites that has more resources with masters in their field, then what is wrong with you? Do you think that trying to match wits with things like Amazon, Ebay, or other power houses is the right choice?

So this hole thing is who you are trying to compete with. You don't compete with Google. You stay up to date with their algorithms and know what it is that will start getting your rankings changed.

If you are even considering using Adwords and have the budget to work with, Know this. The competition is out for blood. They have people in the back ground that will do nothing but click on paid advertisements in the area of interest just to drive your cost so high that you have no choice to back down.

Adsense: never heard of anyone getting kick off if you follow the rules.

I use Adsence on a few Blogs and my main Website and the money just keeps growing in the background.

I don't or will never buy traffic or need to. Just to be clear, For the last 3 months, I almost wish the traffic would slow down a little.

Now lets get something straight.

If you are talking, and this subject is about Business then affiliate marketers are for one reason. To advertise the business that they are promoting. They are aloud to earn to advertise for the main Website. They are building that business up and building their rankings. They have nothing to do with Google or any other search engine as they have no access to the SEO that is already implanted in their Affiliate site.

Another point of interest you mentioned competing with Google.

Only search engines are in competition, not Website owners.

Search engines is the core of all activity on the internet and anything you do needs to stay with the growing of all changes.

Business are real and owned.

Affiliates are not business owners just advertisers for them.

So , before we talk any more, are you talking

Business owners or Affiliates.

They are not the same.

Here is one more before I go, and really I do have to get off my butt today.

There is this thing I see around here all the time and it reads: "these are the tools you need to be successful online and gives a list hope you will sign up for them.

I went throughout them and guess what. I don't need or use any of them.

So why am I, and my Website successful?

+0
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/14/2013 3:07:11 PM
My question, why in the world are you trying to compete with google?
Would not it be better to use it and be friends with it?
Unless your name is Yahoo or Bing, then competing with a search engine master mind is totally nuts.
+0
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/14/2013 3:28:32 PM
Have you considered that maybe it might be the affiliates not following your affiliate rules?
Are they doing and placing their links where they should not be, are they linking to sites that are getting bad reviews, are they engaged in spamming forums and getting banded, are they into linking to sites that are also getting penalized?
Is the low quality of links coming from affiliates or where they are placed?

What to do? Start tracking how and where you affiliates are linking.

Quote:
Hi David,

I agree with your point of view. Google eliminates from the game anyone who is in any kind of competition with them. Since they increase their product base, they becoming competitor to more markets and thus not interested in promoting what they consider their competition. Classifieds are one of them. For example they are penalizing this site for links of low quality, because affiliate are linking to it. I would not have problem if they just simply would not consider such links, but being penalized for what is result of years of building of affiliate base is way beyond my understanding. If there were no affiliates, site like this could only relay on paid traffic from sites like Google, meaning bringing more cash to Google, less to marketers.

The question is what do you do about it.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!