Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Living Master Han Wu Shen at Sotheby's
4/17/2013 2:18:41 AM
Hi Miguel,

Looking at these paintings is so relaxing. They are all so beautiful and look so real, more like a picture then a painting.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/17/2013 2:35:19 AM

Another female duo here, only this time they are young mothers. The sunlight on the rocks in the painting at the bottom makes it lively and meaningful.

Han-Wu Shen (Han Wu Shen)
Han Wu Shen - Lullaby (oil on canvas)

Han Wu Shen - Mother and Child by the Water (oil on canvas)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/17/2013 2:48:28 AM
Yes Myrna, and it is precisely those two main qualities that make the paintings all the more lovable. The artist seems to profess a philosofy of life where nothing is more important than the love you put in what you make.

Quote:
Hi Miguel,

Looking at these paintings is so relaxing. They are all so beautiful and look so real, more like a picture then a painting.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/18/2013 5:13:03 PM
Dear friends, we are close to ending this thread and I am announcing it in both sorrow and joy. Sorrow for having to soon cease showcasing Han Wu Shen's wonderful art. Joy from satisfaction for the task fulfilled.

Here is a poem of love in an apparently naive painting.

Han Wu Shen - Grasshopper (oil on canvas)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/18/2013 5:31:09 PM

Now this one painting is so different from those that Han Wu Shen usually produces! I don't need to tell you where it differs from all the others. However, it exhibits the same exquisitness and care that all of his works evidence. It simply is the exception confirming the rule.

Han Wu Shen - Coming to this Mortal World (oil on canvas)

+0