Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Art from The Philippines
3/29/2013 11:02:56 PM

This Filipino painting entitled “Fruit Pickers Harvesting Under The Mango Tree” was painted in 1939 by the famous Filipino painter and National Artist Fernando Amorsolo. Known for his chiaroscuro techniques, he was one of the native-trained painters having been influenced by Spanish artists who were so into the Spain of Cervantes and Vega. He was later given a grant to study art in Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando in Madrid, the same school that Juan Luna once attended. The main difference of his paintings were his recurring subject: the beauty of the Philippines, its history and its people. Perhaps his technique was also shaped by his tedious training as a painter, having been born of a middle class family and having been reared in the province of Camarines Norte. Wonder what the Philippines is like on a sunny day? Look at the Philippine rural landscapes of Amorsolo. Beautiful.

In case you are wondering what The Phillipines is doing among Latin American art subjects, I must excuse myself by stating that the influences of both Spain and America make the art in this country since 1900 very similar.

+3
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Art from The Philippines
3/29/2013 11:06:24 PM

+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/29/2013 11:17:31 PM
Another great topic Roger!
Guys, you seem to be in the galactic speed and I'd need to find an extra-tools to follow all what you share.
I am much interested in the art from The Philippiness. What remains, and it's completely up to me, is to make some extra time.

Happy Easter to you Roger and to family!

Love you Sir :)
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/29/2013 11:34:21 PM
Quote:
Another great topic Roger!
Guys, you seem to be in the galactic speed and I'd need to find an extra-tools to follow all what you share.
I am much interested in the art from The Philippiness. What remains, and it's completely up to me, is to make some extra time.

Happy Easter to you Roger and to family!

Love you Sir :)

Happy to please.

South America is big so keep watching for Brazil, Peru etc.

Roger

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2013 12:32:57 AM
Hi Roger, I like this painting very much. I like the way the light is focused on the girl with the apples. Just makes you want to be there in that lovely weather.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!