Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Vladimir Kush's Metaphorical Art
3/10/2013 11:03:03 AM

Branka,

I remember our discussion. I too am ignorant of many of the Russian artists but the more traditional works have been VERY popular here in the UK. Near to my home the auctioneers frequently have auctions of Russian paintings.

My other area of ignorance is that of South American artists. This surprises me as many of those countries have strong links to Portugal and Spain which have, of course, great artistic traditions.

I am glad to see that the art in those countries is developing with their own traditional themes and styles and also a wonderful ancient art history. It is the lack of western styled paintings by South American artists that surprises me.

Central America has a good spread of artists which show influence from the USA.

It is such a shame that so much Russian art is associated with the communist posters which, if it wasn't for the messages, I find powerful and wonderful.

Kush is such a refreshing artist as his paintings are more tangible than Dali's yet strange. His work is exactly what I would love to be able to paint myself.

I love this simple Kush painting. It's message is simple and lovely.

walnutofedenay2 Crazy Awesome Paintings by Vladimir Kush

I am unsure of the title

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2013 4:33:33 PM
Roger,

I like that one too, very nice.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2013 10:27:49 AM
Welcome, Branka! I am so glad that you visited and posted. Your kind words are highly appreciated.

My attraction to the work of this Russian artist was born of accidental circumstances, yet I aspire to know more about both the artist and his works. One of the things I most enjoy with this forum is the fact I can learn this wonderful field of art at ease as the threads themselves progress. In this sense, visitors' kind feedback is essential.

Big hugs and love too,

Miguel

Quote:
Miguel,

I've seen this thread first day when you posted it.
I am not proud of it, but monster called time wins over me a day after day, and that's why I am appearing here so late.
For a long ago I admire your way of presenting anything, and specially arts.
Vladimir Kush is among a few Russian painters that I even have heard off. Don't know how I missed to collect, at least, a basic information on Russian painters. In those matters I can't blame lack of time, but may be rather lack of my personal afinity. And now, what a shame, next to Russian, Serbian painters share my ignorance and indifference. Weird.
I'd join Roger in looking forward to the growth of this thread (last year or so, Roger and I discussed Vladimir Kush at my Dalirium thread).
Thanks for your hard job and such an impressive dedication to what you do.

Here is pics which I liked most:
WHAT THE FISH WAS SILENT ABOUT:

Love you Miguel!
Branka

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2013 11:07:33 AM
Roger,

As usual, thanks for the great feedback.

We have
actually had good painters in the Western tradition, some of them even studied and developed in Europe. Carlos Baca Flor, Ignacio Merino, Daniel Hernandez, Jose Sabogal are good examples (I can give you more of these if you wish).

I have always admired the work of Albert Lynch (1851-1912), a Peruvian painter of the 'Belle Epoque' who also did well in Europe. Here is a jewel by him:

Rafael Hastings (1845 - ) is another good example of a Peruvian artist formed in Europe. He studied in Lovaina and another Belgian city that escapes my mind now, and also at the Royal College of Art in London. And he of course is very good with watercolor. Below is one I love.

Thanks again,
Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2013 2:15:37 PM

Wonderful information Miguel, Thank you.

I hope that we haven't taken you too far off course for the forum.

Vladimir Kush is not only great but prolific as well.

Roger

+1