Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Before you consider MLM.... (Educational )
1/9/2013 7:41:18 PM

Pros and Cons of MLM| AdlandPro

There is a lot of talk about MLMs, some of it is hype, some of it is so complicated that you feel that you need to learn a new language and some of it is so derogatory as to make you want to run away!
and yet.....
Many people see MLM as a wonderful way to create a business for themselves and they do it very successfully!
Learn the facts to make good decisions| An AdlandPro thought

Before you consider MLM, it helps to really understand the facts of this kind of business and here are a few of my points to consider:

1. Be careful of the business company you choose!
2. What type of training and support will the company give you?
3. What marketing tools will the company give you and are they up to date in delivery?
4. Is the product something you can find free on the net or you can buy in a store?
5.Will the product be something that will be around in 5 years?
6. have you done your homework and talked to "real" people who are distributors/non distributors through a variety of venue including checking to see if a company is legitimate?
7. Understand the compensation plans thoroughly and again if you do not understand it, get people to explain what all those numbers and words really mean.

I'm pretty sure that there are a lot more questions a person can ask and at the bottom of the post I have given you a couple of resources to further your investigation into MLM, but in the meantime, if you want to explore more about the business of MLM, this article will give you lots and lots of information

I have to say that this site is a great resource for anyone who is interested in Internet Marketing and on this one article I had to nod in agreement with this one quote

"Charles W. King has this to say………

"Network Marketing has become a business that is international in scope, powered by new technology, rich with innovative, proprietary product and that is thoroughly compatible with the New Professional's renewed focus on family, lifestyle, retirement planning, and time freedom."

Not everyone is going to want to be part of MLM and in my opinion, that is O.K also, but lets have an honest and good discussion about this form of business, the pros and the cons so that people coming online to work will get the best information so that they can make better informed decisions.

** There are many people on Adland who are experts on MLM and I am sure that if you reach out, you will get good information that will be useful for you**

Resources:
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Before you consider MLM.... (sharing Information|not selling)
1/13/2013 8:52:42 PM

Great forum subject.

So much rubbish is written about MLM.

MLM changed my life.

Did I make a fortune? No.

How did it change my life?

I learned that not everyone is willing to make the effort to step out of the WORK (JOB) way of life and make the effort to go it alone but build a team under a good support network.

Yes, they are out there. Great companies and great products and services.

Yes, even the best have horror stories but these are usually due to individual greed and companies taking their eye off of the process and pushing untested products.

I was involved at one time in a travel based MLM but one very clever representative discovered that he could milk the system and then taught others to do the same, result, travel suppliers got tired of giving too much away and refused to play along forever. Result, non-viability. Whose fault? The MLM company had not kept sensible control. GREAT business stopped in it's tracks.

If you want to do MLM then follow the advice here about company, product, rewards and long-term viabilty BUT most of all ensure that the company you join is prepared to LISTEN to its distributors.

Because there is a lot of negative responses in MLM selling, most companies teach positive thinking techniques. Nothing wrong with that but when you are asked to sell a product that won't sell the company need to know, to find out why and if needed withdraw the product. Too many in the past have said Don't be negative, go and sell it, only to find that they have been demoralising their distributors and have been pushing an unsellable product. Companies need to listen. Ask a distributor if their company listens to the field. If not, walk away.

I made varied amounts of money, I spent varied amounts of money and I made great lifetime friends. NOT rich on the back of MLM but I know those who are and I don't regret one single day.

Roger Macdivitt

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2013 9:08:21 PM
Hi Roger ^-^

If there was ever a good testimony for seeing MLM from personal experience Roger, you just gave it and thank you for that.

I was thinking about all the hype against MLM and the bad name it has gotten over the years and I realized something..MLM is not about the compensation a person can create, it is indeed about the product and service that is being provided. It is about the credibility of the company and what they do to help the distributors in a way that helps them do their job in the best way possible.

I have a friend who has been selling Watkins for more than 20 yrs and he loves it! What makes him so good at what he does is he knows the products inside and out and comes from a place of knowledge. The company is right there for him and gives not only support, but hands on training.

I still remember us talking and we were discussing the reality of selling such a product and what he said to me was " When you know the product inside and out, when you would use the product yourself or for your family, then it is much easier to sell a way of life that just happens to be MLM" ( I love that thinking!)
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2013 9:30:17 PM

Diane,

So true.

I personally had a great ride with Amway UK many years ago. I became aware that a company as big as that makes friends and powerful enemies. A small lie can become huge overnight. Somebody making money from distributors at their expense can happen, the company can only get information back by listening to it's distributors. Laws change, marketing is different in other countries and not everything works out using the same system. There will be bitter people, disenchanted people and complainers but there are always good stories too.

Companies like Macdonalds have discovered that the system they have has to work world-wide. They know that they have to use halal meats in some countries or, like here in the UK, they sell better by stressing that they use UK produced meat. Etc.

All companies need to listen.

I wish I knew then what I know now. I'm getting more interested in helping others than myself now but if I was younger then I would seek a balance.

I hope that you get good feedback here.

Roger

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2013 10:28:33 PM
I feel with the advent of social media, companies and people are having to learn how to be more open and honest in what they are doing and that has helped ..nothing like the net to get a business thrown out or trashed ( whether they deserve it or not!)

I agree with you that Companies need to learn to put on their ears and listen to their customers better and as important they need to learn how to pay attention to those hard working people who are doing all they can to "promote" that company or business. I will add one more point and that is the people who are promoting ( by whatever method they are using) have to learn how to do things properly and I might add with ethics. My biggest issue is having people come on line, learn out dated practices or practices that will create a "bad" image not only of business, but more important will create a bad image to themselves.

As for people coming in...well even if they don't talk ( I wish they would) if they read and start thinking then that is good enough for me. I do not pretend to have all the answers, I do hope that I challenge a person to think and then rethink what they are doing and if that helps them be steered on a better path then I will say YAY!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!