Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Urgent Warning about your Tax Software!
1/11/2006 7:07:15 AM
Hi Everyone, By now I know everyone is aware of Identity Theft and what it means to your future and your good name. Here's something New and very important! Last week we recieved (as many of you may have) a CD in the mail from H&R Block. Wow, Great New tax software!! Not sure if we were going to use this or not, we put it aside. I am still looking for this CD! It has come to my attention that at the top of this particular tax CD, over your name, are a series of numbers. The numbers, May be your SS#!! Although, it has been reported only a small percentage of individuals has been affected.....Small Percentage!! What's that mean? How many did they mail out? 20 - 30 thousand maybe! A small percentage is too many. If you recieve or have recieved this CD, Please check it out carefully. If you see your numbers, Dispose of it properly. Don't take it to chance that someone could get hold of your SS# by going thru your trash. Have a Great Week and Stay safe :) Eileen
+0
Donna Lira

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Urgent Warning about your Tax Software!
1/11/2006 1:38:20 PM
Hi Eileen, Thanks for the invite. I think it was a lack of poor judgement on H & R Block to include this people's SS# on these CD's But good advise you have give. No need to give anyone the upper hand at identity theft by just tossing it in the garbage without distroying it so your SS# is not visible. Your friend Donna aka texgirl
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/11/2006 1:46:26 PM
Hi Donna, Yes and I was just thinking, maybe I should not have said who it was that sent the cd. Although, with so many companies who send these out, someone should be aware of what they are looking for. Thanks for stopping by in :)
+0
1/11/2006 11:01:06 PM
How can big business be so thoughtless with other people's info? Thanks, Eileen for having the interests of the little people at heart. Wayne Ellis
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/12/2006 6:56:48 AM
Wayne, You are more than welcome, and, you are so right! Although with todays technology, I am not even sure that they knew untill it was too late. Like many companies, they just probably printed out the labels and shipped them. Not sure if any one was assigned to proof read the labels and check the numbers. It is a shame that it had to happen, however it went down. Have a Great Day! Eileen
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!