Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Diane Bjorling THE 351ST POTW Award Winner Congratulations Thread
12/14/2012 4:18:35 PM
THE 351ST

Congratulations goes out to Diane Bjorling
Diane Bjorling

I wonder how many people, especially newer members realize how much "exposure" they can get when they come to Adland, when they talk to people, even a simple thing as completing their profile can make a big difference in how they are viewed?

As some of you may know I was reluctant to be part of the POTW, but then I thought about it,....exposure and being able to say something to everyone that I felt important to say.

When you see Adland - what do you see?

Many people see only the classified section to Adland, a place to place a "free ad", but there is another part to Adland, one that truly is unique and that is the social aspect, the community, the people who love talking about so many things, from art to politics and just about everything in between.

It has been proven that when you are social and build relationships, then the reality is that you will be seen as a person, which is much more satisfying than being seen as an "advertisement". The power of Adland is ...the power of social media in a small town setting, where there are people who will go out of their way to help you in so many ways, that it truly is unbelievable..... People who want to be a friend and to just sit down with you in this virtual world, have a cup of coffee and talk. Marketing is changing and everything I read ( and I read a lot) is saying that the trend to social media is through interaction. engaging with others and using social networks to build relationships. Classified are always going to be needed and wanted, but in a community network...when you talk about interesting things, then the "sell" will happen all by itself.

There have been some people who ask what I do - if you go to my profile, it sure seems that I do a whole lot of nothing - I am not a marketer, I am not "selling" anything, so why am I even here. It is a fair question and one that I will answer as briefly as I can.

My partner and I are building a business and unlike a "business in a box" this is being built one brick at a time an it has been a very long and interesting journey. I do not code...I really suck at it by the way...lol, so I am to be the community manager in a field that to all intents and purposes is a very new field....social media. Add to that I love blogging with a passion; It is the ONE place where you can become your own social network and I have gotten to know the most amazing people via blogging. BlogNet Awards is one the sites that we have and will be getting going again...like anything and in a way like Adland, it is being refurbished and cleaned up and it all takes time.

When I am not doing these things, I like everyone else have a private life, where I have a keen interest in helping families who have been through domestic abuse and its not just women who can be hurt...men also and it is quite terrible. For the children...well, lets just say that the kids can go through a very very rough time and some need a lot of help to start on their journey of healing.

I am going to break the mold yet again...lol, I have a habit of doing that by the way and have decided that I am going to donate my "prize" to another member of Adland, for the simple reason - it is Christmas!

There is a very cool happening going on where you can sign up for the 100 volunteer Program or as I saw in a tweet just yesterday...become an ambassador to 100 members ( love that wording by the way) and I have been going through the pages of these people have said... I volunteer! For all the people who don't have a profile/who are not active, there are those who are ( BTW a hint...get your profile filled in please ^-^)

I have spent many a day and night going through all the volunteers, going through every link, getting to know everyone and one person stood out ( just so you know at one point I had so many tabs opened I would crash my Chrome...it was quite funny, but frustrating at the same time) . To be honest everyone stood out one way or another and you are ALL AMAZING and if it was within my power I would give every one of you a gift, but that is not possible. After doing a lot of thinking, studying and then throwing names into a hat...lol I made a decision and would like to give this gift to.......

Roger Bjornerud

Merry Christmas Roger!

This is getting rather lengthy so will end it now by saying

1. If you truly want to get to know where I am at in social media, then go to my one forum Adland|Social Thoughts and you might even find something of interest...lol

2. If you want to get to know me a bit, then go to my profile, especially the webpage and it will give you some idea of who I am

In closing I want to say that I feel that in many ways, each and every one of you who have stood by Adland's side, who have been so active and caring for this community really need to take a bow and in many ways you truly are POTW's every single day!

Thank you - Merry Christmas - Make the New Year a Good One!
@blogneta

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Diane Bjorling THE 351ST POTW Award Winner Congratulations Thread
12/14/2012 4:33:08 PM

Hello Dear Friend Diane!

I want to Congratulate you for being the 351st POTW... an award very much deserved.

Enjoy your week under the spotlights ;-)

BIG HUGS, Love & Blessings,

Alain

+0
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/14/2012 4:50:45 PM
Congratulations Diane!

Have Fun :)
Roger Bjornerud - Back from vacation - Planning the next :)
roger.bjornerud@gmail.com

Free Leads System . Click here to visit my Blog 5 Key Formula Steps

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/14/2012 5:18:52 PM

Wow Diane, so glad to see you are the new POTW winner, you are so deserving of this honor.

Sincerely,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/14/2012 6:38:43 PM

10_1_136.gifWOW!!! Elmo won PO..., I mean Diane won POTW. See what happens when you come back to where you are loved?

123510vl41zvzjt7.gif

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!